[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become wiser?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: thinking guy.jpg (73KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
thinking guy.jpg
73KB, 500x376px
I'm 23 years old. Everyday, I go to work, come back home, study, play games, watch anime and go to bed. My parents take care of me, they usually hide bad things from me, so I can live happily, without care.
Today, I talked to two of my colleagues over coffee, something I rarely do. I found out how much knowledge I lack about life, and other people around me. My colleagues are knowledgeable, not only about their jobs, about their lives, and other people.
For example, they analyzed another person in the company, who I always thought to be kind and hard-working. My colleagues analyzed their decisions, how they interacts with other people, showing how he is selfish, and petty. He talks to the boss about flaws of other colleagues behind their backs, how he takes all the good people of every interview into his team, when the other team is in need of good people. My colleagues weren't bad mouthing him. Their thinking is very mature and very realistic, unlike my own.

I had my eyes open. I would like to ask for advice from my kind and wise anons:
How do I observe things beyond the surface?
What I can do to become wiser? To think more realistically, analytically, and gain more knowledge about my job, my life, and people around me?
>>
Read more (read good books)
See more TV & Deep anime shows and try to understand the philosophy behind them. Watch explanation vids if you must.
Be OBSESSIVELY criticizing shows and books and look at each fault. Cinema sins is a good example for such. Or, watch one of my fav analytic-criticism vids I've ever seen-
/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM

Experience people more and make many MANY MAAAANNNNYYYY mistakes to learn from. This is the most important thing to do.
>>
Stop watching anime.
>>
>>18568984

Many younger people confuse wisdom with cynicism. Look critically at things, yes, but do not forget to look for the good as well.
>>
Want to know how I read someone? Look for the worst in them. There flaws their insecurities.

Someone can hide their intentions but nobody can hide the mannerisms. Narcissists love talking about themselves, Abandonment issues will never make decisions. Anxious people are quiet and never make eye contact.
>>
Life experience and read books
>>
Read and go outside occasionally
>>
>>18568984
You're coworkers sound like they are probably just critical dicks. You want to know how to get a read on people? Talk to them, meet more or them, learn who they are. Listen in on conversations if that's more or style. People keep telling you to read books, but authors write their characters doing exactly this and then they filter what they learn through their own lens.
>>
Thank you kind anons, I am grateful for your advices
>>
>>18570620

I feel similarly and if anything the best way to increase your knowledge and wisdom is through osmosis. Spend more time chatting with these coworkers, evne if it's over coffee. Maybe see if you can go down to the pub with them. If you trust them, you could ask them the same question you asked us.

If they are good, mature people, then they will notice your willingness to learn and desire to grow. As long as you don't phrase it wierdly, I doubt they'd laugh at your lack of knowledge. It's something only idiots do.
>>
>>18568984
wisdom = experience
don't just absorb information, contextualize it. think about how it applies to you first, then our world

take a left at albequrqe. if you hit existential despair, you've gone too far
>>
>>18568984
that person gossips about others to make himself look good in front of the boss and have a better reputation/promotion. ive done this before, everyone does this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.