[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I deal with depression, anxiety and low self-esteem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1494737912704.webm (3MB, 1062x598px) Image search: [Google]
1494737912704.webm
3MB, 1062x598px
My mental health issues have interfered significantly in my life and I've held myself back in so many areas. I'm stuck in a vicious cycle and don't know how to break out of it.

Sometimes I can't stop thinking about negative thoughts and scenarios I have in my mind. Other times I start crying even if I'm having a great day. I feel like my friends could help me, but I'm too scared to confront them about this. I have a hard time expressing myself to people because it feels unnatural for me.(Maybe because I'm scared of losing part of my identity)

I want this nightmare to end.
>>
I go through periods of severe depression. It's bad enough that it feels like despair. The best way to describe it is fresh heartbreak.

I make it through by remembering constantly that there are people who care about me, and if I went away it would be devastating for them. Accepting that I'm like this has helped a lot too.
>>
>>18568666
I feel the same way, but I feel like they wouldn't care one way or another. They would probably just brush it off and pay attention to their phones. I like talking to them, but for some odd reason they don't trust me or even care what I have to say.I don't know what is going to happen to me if I keep behaving like this.
>>
File: 1494558668220.jpg (47KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1494558668220.jpg
47KB, 500x385px
>>18568652
It's OK, really is, OP. To have mental problems is fine. You are fine as you are. Don't listen to all these retards around you who tell you that you are a pussy or a loser. This is you, the way you are. If your mental problems are causing you issues in work/school, you could benefit from change in your life, until you hit the spot where you are in a safe, good environment that fits you. Just don't allow yourself to suffer for too long if you feel bad about your circumstance. Cut the toxic people in your life who make fun of you, because in fact, they are the pretentious asshats requiring you to wear a mask at all times, while you are genuine in your feelings and emotions. Always keep your innermost thoughts to yourself unless you trust the person, but never pretend you are somebody you are not.
>>
>>18568691
Yes, acceptance is the quickest road to recovery.
>>
I've been depressed since forever but I'm stuck in a void where I don't care too much. I found mushrooms and the funny thing was I learned how happy I should be feeling about life. Of course the feeling went away. Everyday I think depression is a chemical imbalance. I know people who are always happy despite the fact things are going to shit for them. Logically it never made sense. I work out all the time and yes it prevents depression, it doesn't change your mind to feel that permanent happiness I feel I need to be.
>>
Don't tell your friends or family anything, unless you want them all to constantly walk on eggshells around and treat you differently. Your relationships will never be the same.
No good ever came from telling nobody nothing.
>>
I wish I could give a huge hug right now, because I know exactly what you're going through. It's a lot easier said than done, but opening up to your loved ones (including friends) is crucial to getting better. With certain friends, it took me a few months with certain friends and years with my family. To my surprise, they were all mostly accepting (save for a few assholes that I cut out of my life) and willing to help me; revealing my illness to them really brought out everyone's true colors. So I encourage you to open up to people. You don't have to do it right away --- maybe start with those you feel the most comfortable with. If it's possible, see what mental health services are available where you live. My counselling was included in my school's tuition and fees (I'm in college) so I didn't have to worry about paying for it. But there's usually non profit organizations that either provide services for free or at a low cost depending on your income. Please don't be ashamed of feeling this way. The brain is organ and is susceptible to diseases just like your heart, lungs, etc. That includes mental illness. I hope I was able to help. Stay strong, friend!
>>
File: DAX4ok-XoAEBBQZ.jpg (41KB, 597x596px) Image search: [Google]
DAX4ok-XoAEBBQZ.jpg
41KB, 597x596px
>>18568691
I think church is probably the safest and relaxing environment for me to be honest. I love singing, bonding with people and learning more about the church. (even though I don't believe in god or its teachings) I wish I could go more often but my work schedule work allow me at the moment.

>>18568708
Same here. Working out helps me clear my mind out of all the negative thoughts. I don't go to a gym because I'm scared I might catch something from someone.
>>
>>18568738
I'm not a huge fan of hugs or affection for that matter. There is probably one person I could trust enough to tell about my problem but I'm being cautious.
>>
>>18568652
How would opening up to people make you lose part of your identity? Do you think this makes you unique? It's another human condition a lot of people have dealt with, or they're dealing with it now. You'd be surprised OP.

As for everything else, identify what is making you sad or anxious. Then think about it rationally. I did this, and after some time I figured out how a lot of what I was worried about was shit I simply couldn't control. The worrying stemmed from me wishing I could exert some kind of control on it and the wasted thoughts and effort only made things worse. By being able to control how I responded to certain situations I was able to get rid of my anxiety for the most part and eventually the depression has started to go.

If you really need to though, there's absolutely nothing wrong with seeking professional help. I wouldn't say it's some kind of end all quick fix, but it can get you out of where you are now
>>
>>18568691
>>18568813
This
>>
>>18568652
Watch some Jordan Peterson OP.
>>
>>18568652
going to need to know where that webm came from
>>
>>18568652
>it's a vicious cycle and I don't know how to break it
stop trying to break it. stop trying to become someone not depressive, especially overnight. learn to succeed and be healthy in spite of it.

/thread
>>
The first thing would be to advise OP to see a doctor and a good therapist, especially one who does CBT and the like.

Here's a short audio package of guided affirmations, easy to listen to in bed, they may be useful: http://www.mediafire.com/file/686p3ey8rl47lxc/Up_From_Depression.zip
and here's the audio course for the Mindful Way Through Depression which I strongly recommend to anyone battling the Black Dog: http://www.mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip
>>
I was depressed since I was 12, now 18, been on several antiDs and therapy. if anything made me worse. tried cbd oil out shop and I was reborn as a normal person. try it man.
>>
>>18568652
you're kiling me. I need sausce
>>
>>18569753
I have never took any antiDs in my life. I've tried therapy but I lost interest in after a while.
>>
>>18569446
>>18569801
I second the motion.
>>
>>18568652
seek actual help
>>
bump I'm going through the exact same thing and I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>18568652
Have a schedule and keep to it.
>>
>>18571063
OP here, I've been trying new things with my life but I don't feel like I belong no matter what.
>>
You know what you do? You let i lt fuckin happen. Stop bein a bitch a face your fuckin fear, fall into your lottle fuckin hole and maybe youll see? Maybe? I dont know nobody fuckin knows lol its just a game, just let that shit happen and i guarentee you youll find something whether it be more pain or pleas re its all just a fuckin game that goes up and down and you know what you let it hapen just let go of your control and see where you fall
>>
>>18571717
?
>>
>>18571763
Why is this hard for you to understand? Bottom line is if you want to do something just do it, if you have problems just face them, everybody has problems you just do what i do and not give a fuck, caring is what got you there in the first place, how aboit you actually do something for yourself for once and not everybody else in mind, maybe thats what Op needs is time to himself to find out what the fuck is wrong, if he cant then let him die its the way it works nobody gives a fuck
>>
Did you suffer from any emotional abuse in the your childhood OP?
>>
Do people need to be diagnosed by a professional in order to be considered depressed?
>>
>>18572564
I would say no, but some people don't take you seriously if you're not diagnosed
>>
>>18571783
golden
>>
GIVE ME THE FUCKING SOURCE ALREADY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
>>
>>18573069
Help me with my problem first then I will give you the source.
>>
>>18568652
I know how you feel, anon. Part of it is taking that first step and opening up to people who are close to you, because that's how you start establishing a support network. It's not a fix by itself, but it will make things a lot easier.
>>
>>18574587
I'm considering taking up a different approach. It may help temporary or at least boast up my confidence.
>>
You should see a psychologist, OP. You definitely need some psychotherapy.
>>
File: omg.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>18568666
holy shit has anybody seen those thirds!
>>
>>18575070
Have you tried meditation? I know it sounds kind of hokey, but things like meditating and self-hypnosis can help tremendously in calming you down and lowering anxiety.
>>
>>18575182
Part of CBT is not just writing exercises for your feelings and their matching beliefs, but dealing with your feelings in the same way while you are meditating.

Also another CBT method is imagining the Worst possible outcomes of a future event, then the Best possible outcomes.

Most likely, everything you are going through has already been experienced by another person! There are books, videos, techniques, etc. to help you!
>>
>>18575182
I don't the have patience for it, but if I were to mediate I would try out a sensory deprivation tank.

>>18575216
I'll look more into.
>>
>>18568652
Sorry to hear this, OP. I'm suffering nearly the exact same thing. I really can't communicate properly, so instead of seeking help I've inadvertently pushed the people I care about most to hating me through my repressed emotions that I absolutely can't ever talk about under any circumstance. I want to believe psychotherapy would help like another anon mentioned, but it seems completely hopeless, as if I'm just fundamentally broken and it will never change. Do you get that feeling, too?
>>
that isn't even hot
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.