[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discord Rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1494307058721.png (118KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1494307058721.png
118KB, 404x404px
Need some help lads, It involves discord drama. I hope yall are fluent in how it works.

If someone was consistently spamming and you banned spamming, is that considered abusing your power? The members have free reign over everything else, but no spamming is the one rule. Who's in the right? The one who banned spam, or the ones who got spamming taken away from them?
>>
>>18568434
Not on discord that much but banning for spamming is maybe too harsh. Automute seems reasonable for spamming.
>>
>>18568434
ask the person to stop spamming so much.
if the person still spams, warn the person one more time.
IF the person continues to spam then, use your admin power.

you gave the person plenty of warnings and they failed to follow the rules. sometimes it sucks being the bad guy but rules are there for a reason.
>>
>>18568434
I'm of the opinion that if you warn someone, and tell them the consequences of not heeding your warning, so long as you are not violating the law, any consequence you dole out is perfectly acceptable.

So if you warned him that if he kept spamming, he would be banned, and he kept spamming, then you were merely keeping your promise.
>>
a rule was laid out, a rule was broken, and a rule was enforced. none of that is abuse of power.

assuming the spammer knew or could reasonably have known about the anti-spamming rule, the ban is entirely justified and anyone who disagrees is a fucking dumbass
>>
File: 1449917934384.png (889KB, 756x715px) Image search: [Google]
1449917934384.png
889KB, 756x715px
OP here, let me provide some context, I dislike spam in chat to be frank, so i made a rule that no one should/can spam. When i enforce that rule but most of the time muting the spammers am i abusing my power?
When they regain the power to once again chat, i was called a child for not only abusing my power, but also stating that spamming is not allowed. Am i a child for making that rule when i can "just ignore it"? I suppose these are also "close friends" who i've been playing with for over a year. Is it okay for me to meet out the punishments?

[spoiler]Sorry if my reply took a while, my internet is being shitty and "Connection er
>>
>>18568679
No, you weren't abusing your power. Your discord, yeah? Your rules. If they don't like it, they can go elsewhere. Honestly, I wouldn't even mute them. A single warning, and then a ban for as long as you feel like.
>>
What does this "spamming" entails? It's vague as fuck and it can be anything from spamming emotes to spam wall of texts to advertising.
Did they know beforehand you don't condone spamming and did you warn them when they were spamming or did you just start banning/muting out of the blue when they meet the criteria for spamming you have in your head? The latter is kinda bad
>>
>>18568729
Do you mean i was abusing discord?
>>18568732
Just spamming anything and everything, mostly just nigger and things of the like. They were "friends" i guess so i let them off easy but just muting them until they cooled down.
>>
>>18568737
I don't know how you could come to that conclusion when I specifically said you weren't abusing your power.
>>
>>18568741
I'm sorry you put "your discord, yeah?" and my autism triggered so i have no idea what you mean by that. [spoiler]Please don't be mad[/spoiler]
>>
>>18568747
I'm not overly familiar with discord, but I assume that you've been given some sort of authority over the particular discord chat in question. Thus, "your discord."

If you have authority over the chat, you aren't abusing the chat by enforcing the rules that you have set out regarding the conduct of said chat.
>>
>>18568750
Oh, ok. yeah that clears it up. Thank you. My members were calling me a chlid for creating such a rule and they kept coming up with counter arguments when i said it's a rule, i'm enforcing it so i didn't know what to think anymore. Thank you
>>
>>18568757
Just reply with, "If you have a problem with my rules, feel free to leave," and refuse to address them anymore. At least regarding that discord, you are a lion amongst sheep. You don't have to justify the rules you've created, nor do you need to justify enforcement of said rules.
>>
>>18568765
I don't know if i'd be that cruel though, they already left so it doesn't make a difference now but i kind of wanted them to stay. I've been with them for over a year but now they're gone and i'm alone again. It's just the entire argument that got to me. Even though from the beginning i told them this server was going to run like a dictatorship.
>>
>>18568770
Hey, you're free to make whatever rules you want, and they are free to disassociate themselves due to said rules. If you don't like the responsibility, you can always go play by someone else's rules.
>>
>>18568780
I suppose you're, but i was the most capable leader. Thank you for your opinion.
>>
>>18568784
you're right, jesus i'm retareded.
>>
>>18568737
if it's about spamming nigger and stuff it's completely understandable to oppose that kind of behavior. Sounds like they were the children, people who are only around you because you let them do whatever they want aren't worth it
>>
stop using discord? what are you retarded?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.