[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wife's paranoid delusions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>wife falls asleep on the couch
>her phone's alarm goes off, waking her up
>she can't find it
>eventually finds it under the couch cushion
>oh that's weird. Why was it there? It was in my purse.
>she's more and more aggressively wondering how it got there, insinuating I had something to do with it and must be lying
>she's increasingly laughing more and more (while getting angrier) as her stupid female brain isn't able to understand that she just forgot moving her phone

This isn't the first time she's done stupid shit like this. Last time, she didn't see me walking down the street while she got the mail, and accused me of being dropped off by a woman I was cheating on her with and lying to cover it up.

Normally she's fine, but it's times like this I want to fucking drown her in the bathtub. What do?
>>
Tell her something so stupid she will forget her delusions entirely.
>>
>>18568086
She's got paranoid traits. What do you want?

>>18568099
Humor can be good.
>>
>wife again gets paranoid that I'm cheating
>logs onto my computer and checks my skype
>sees what appears to be a ton of girls flirting with me
>texts me while I'm at work that she's breaking up and never wants to see me again
>after a few hours she finds out she was looking at the 'recent statuses' page
>all that 'flirting' was just one a long string of random attention whores updating their statuses

Christ, I know how we'd deal with this sort of nonsense before feminism.
>>
>>18568086
She has a guilty conscience. Or it is serious paranoid delusions and you need to have her evaluated before it gets worse.
>>
>>18568086
Why do you think she acts with this behavior? Family history? Personal history with you specifically? Other explanation? Before asking what to do about it, figure out why it is happening.
>>
>>18568086 She might be cheating on you. Sometimes people project onto others their guilt and insecurities.
I can understand that skype thing though
>>
>>18568115
Her family is almost entirely useless pieces of shit. The kind of parents who'd be perpetually yet always able to afford alcohol.
>>
>>18568140
Do you think this tendency was passed on to her from her family? It may have been either genetic predisposition, or it may be the environment she grew up in. The behavioral sciences would say it is split about evenly between the two. Does she have access to mental healthcare? Mental healthcare isn't just pills and brain shrinks. Depending on what exactly is jacked up in her functions, there are a variety of therapies that might help her sort out her problems. I'm only going off the scenarios you posted, but there probably isn't much useful that you could do to readjust her behavior except support her while she goes through therapy.
>>
How old? Depending on age, paranoia + inappropriate laughter can indicate schizophrenia.
>>
>>18568086
I never understood people who shit talk about their spouses. I mean, you picked them. Of all the women in the world, you said, "This is the one I want to chain myself to for the rest of my life."

To make that kind of statement, then to go around saying she's stupid, it just makes you seem stupid, too.

>What do?
I'd recommend owning up to what you've done, and the consequences that it entails.
>>
>>18568451
That's easy to answer. As far as women go, she's extremely intelligent. Unfortunately, that still puts her well below men.
>>
>>18568464
Either you underestimate the intelligence potential of women, or overestimate your own. My wife know better than to go around trash talking me to others, as it doesn't do anything to solve the problem, and just makes her look like she chose a bad/stupid man. If she has a problem, she talks to me about it. In private. I show her the same respect.

That puts her above you, and your "superior intelligence."
>>
>>18568479
You overestimate the intelligence of women. Maybe it's all that Nikolai.
>>
>>18568545
I think it's more likely that you overestimate your intelligence, or, at bare minimum, your wisdom, judgement, and/or tact.
>>
>>18568555
Get a load of this guy. I bet he thinks those Africans with 80 IQ are our equals, too.
>>
>>18568556
Get a load of this guy. I bet he thinks that the worst white man is still better than the best black woman.

I'm not arguing statistics, buddy. Statistics are utterly irrelevant when talking about individuals. The fact that the average IQ for black men is 80 does not mean that the black man with an IQ of 130 is invalidated simply because he happens to share the same skin color.

Just like how we obviously share the same skin color and genitals (presuming we are both white men), and yet I'm willing to bet that my wife is still a smarter person than you. More likable, too.
>>
>>18568580
>yet I'm willing to bet that my wife is still a smarter person than you

I'm sure she's very intelligent for a woman, but I doubt she actually has that much going for her.
>>
>>18568940
She has a spouse that doesn't talk shit about her to others, and doesn't talk shit about her spouse to others. That's more than the guy he was responding to has going for him. Even if he's a millionaire douche bag, he's still a douche bag.
>>
>>18568086
You have to give into her delusions a little bit for her to trust you. Ask her what you can do to prove that you're not up to anything. Do NOT pass off her delusions as just crazy talk or belittle her for them, she'll just get more insane.

Eventually you need to tell her to get help if it persists, which it most likely will.
>>
>>18568111
You divorced her, right?
That would make me nope the fuck out
>>
>>18568451
Women are great at hiding that shit until you get comfortable with them
>>
Paranoia about cheating is based on insecurity or fear about something she cannot control: your actions. The adult thing to do is force her to talk about the insecurity/fear itself, rather than focusing on the expression of the fear (which is whatever she happens to freak out at you about). Remember, when she's accusing you of some stupid shit, that's just a symptom of the sickness, not the cause. Get to the cause, talk her through why it's stupid, and find a better way for her to express her fear.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.