[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No place to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Tame_Impala_Lonerism_Cover.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tame_Impala_Lonerism_Cover.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
I'm in a new city and don't know anyone. For a while now.

I see girls every day I find attractive, but it seems socially unacceptable to talk to anyone
>Can't I go to the grocery store without being hit on?
Where am I supposed to meet people?
>I'm just walking down the street, you don't know anything about me other than my looks!
Guess I'll never get to know anything about you.
>I'm in the park to read, I don't want people talking to me.
Public places don't seem fit for human interaction.

Oh okay so join some clubs
>I thought I could join a mountain biking club without trying to get fucked by every guy here.
Also I think I'd have to be prepared to exit the group if things went bad.
>You're supposed to join the book club because you like books, not to ask girls out!
Full circle back to the girl at the grocery store I don't know anything about.

Dating sites seem to be a waste of time, I'm a not 6'2" millionaire looking to take care of children.

I'm seriously at a total loss. It's Friday night for about the 60th time and I'm tired of going out, spending $30 on beer I don't want, staring at the wall, speaking to no one, because everyone is in their little groups all having fun. I hate it.

I don't consider myself bad looking or anything, before I moved I was doing okay. But not having a network of friends to start with makes all this so much worse. Tinder/etc has worked well here and there but it just seems really pathetic and I'd like to act on opportunities that present themselves instead of being a part of that.

I literally cannot think of a scenario where asking out a girl wouldn't be some bullet point on an article about how all men are assholes.

I mean even if I did see some girl at the same place multiple times doing the same thing as me, and we locked glances or something and smiled, I still don't feel like I'm allowed to say anything or turn something platonic-by-default into a date.
>>
Why not start first by making male friends, and THEN meet mutual female friends?
You can go to a book club to enjoy the books and then happen to meet a girl you like. The issue is when you try to do things that you don't like and are obviously just creeping on girls. It should be a natural progression.
>>
have you been to a bar or something?
>>
File: 1500602154793.png (87KB, 714x810px) Image search: [Google]
1500602154793.png
87KB, 714x810px
>>18567927
This. Why are you trying to find a female friend if you're in a new city?

>>18567917
>I don't consider myself bad looking or anything, before I moved I was doing okay. But not having a network of friends to start with makes all this so much worse.

>I literally cannot think of a scenario where asking out a girl wouldn't be some bullet point on an article about how all men are assholes.

>I mean even if I did see some girl at the same place multiple times doing the same thing as me, and we locked glances or something and smiled, I still don't feel like I'm allowed to say anything or turn something platonic-by-default into a date.

What are you really trying to find? A date? A girlfriend? If you're in a new city, try some F R I E N D S, mainly the same gender aswell. The Women come afterwards

Notwithstanding what you've just said. If you're looking for a date, try tinder. If you're looking for a friend, try to find a similar hobby.
>>
The thing is though I'm not really looking for friends so much. I want an introverted significant other.

Besides, isn't it really narrowing down your choices / reducing the chances of finding "the one" if a major qualifier is being connected via a mutual friend?
>>
>>18568112
You're lonely. You have no friends. You're limiting yourself if you're not looking for friends.
>>
File: 1499997386524.jpg (50KB, 413x449px) Image search: [Google]
1499997386524.jpg
50KB, 413x449px
>>18568112
>The thing is though I'm not really looking for friends so much. I want an introverted significant other.

Retard listen, You're in a new location with people who have a different meaning of hospitality than your old location. I'm going to assume you don't go to a university or else this problem would've been solved or been significantly easier.

If you plan on finding a significant other, they usually are found by mutual connections, friends and/or coworkers. Ever wonder why men and women in relationships usually share a milieu? Well, there you go...

You're not going to find an "introverted" girlfriend so easily if you don't share a similar group of friends. Psychologically, they're not really built for socialization with outsiders to their friend group. Also, women can smell desperation from a substantial distance. If you're talking to women with Machiavellian intentions, they can smell than shit.

This is why have a group of friends helps, because this helps avert the whole "cold approach" if you have a mutual bond with her.

Jesus Christ why would you go soul searching for an SO, immediately after moving into a new city??
>>
listen to more tame impala
>>
I don't know how to say it but I don't really want friends right now.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.