[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might be a rebound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Jealousy[1].jpg (62KB, 795x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jealousy[1].jpg
62KB, 795x200px
Hey /adv/, here with some advice for my insecurities.

I've been dating my girlfriend for 3 months now, we get along great, there haven't been any issues so far, sex is amazing, etc. First I wanted to list some of the things we've done. I am 21 and she's 19

>I've met her family, have had relatively long conversations with her mom and an aunt she's very close with.
>I've been introduced to her best friends, gone to parties while "being an item"
>Same as above except with my friends and family
>She was there for me while they put one of my dogs to sleep

Now, it sounds pretty awesome, but there are two things that worry me. First one is pretty minor, I only think it's worrying when coupled with the second one.

>We have a lot of sex, we had sex 5 times in one night once, and usually we go for 2 when we see each other.

It doesn't worry me too much cause lots of couples are like that, and we do stuff together other than fuck. The second one.

>She still talks with her ex on occasion, likes his pics on facebook and instagram, things like that.

She's been open about this, and she doesn't mention him constantly when we're together, but here's the kicker: she was on and off with him for something like 3 years, and we only started dating 1 month after their last breakup. Usually she'd have gotten back together with him by now, but I want to know if it's possible to get over something like that in only 1 month, or if I'm in for some heartbreak in the near future.
>>
>>18567485
Your level of insecurity right now is 3/10. Now I've been here in adv for a while and seen it reach 9 and sometimes 10/10. I've also seen it in real life where a person doesn't allow her SO to go out with friends because he might cheat so he has to play WOW with her al nights. My point is, what you have is natural. And you had sex with her LOTS of times so she likes you a LOT. don't beat yourself up over it too much.
>>
>>18567485
How about stop worrying about shit that might happen and just be happy with what you've got you ungrateful little bitch? It's more than a lot of us have.
>>
>>18567641
All right, that makes me feel better. I'm guessing I shouldn't mention this to her because it'd be easy to misconstrue. But at the same time I want to ask her if she doesn't think she jumped into this too fast.

>>18567652
I guess that's true, I'm just worried because I really really care about her and don't want to get my heart broken.
>>
>>18567669
>I really really care about her and don't want to get my heart broken.
Welcome to being in a relationship. If this is too much for you get out now, because it's not getting any easier.
>>
>>18567679
I'll try to mellow out then, I had this feeling like starting dating so soon was surely a death sentence
>>
>>18567669
>Penis in her
"aren't we going a little bit too fast?"
>cums
"Yeah we are"
>>
>>18567689
I'm a romantic at heart man, I'm worried we both might be hurt if she's not over her past.
>>
>>18567696
OP... Hear this out... It seems YOU are more worried about HER past than SHE is. now think about it. And also, just so we don't overplay this "not caring" persona, remember SHE IS NOW YOUR GF, so be a little jealous and be defensive about her if you see things swinging in a way you might not like. It's not pathological jealosy, it's just taking care of what you have with her and that you love. Don't be afraid to get a little pissed off at her if you see her giving another man too much attention
>>
>>18567682
You've personally had a lot of experience with women in this situation? Or you're listening to everyone else's stupid fucking opinion?

It sounds like she had a friend she tried to make more out of, didn't work, they're still friends. It's only a rebound after a bad breakup. Stop trying to sabotage yourself.
>>
>>18567712
Thing is that they had a bunch of really bad breakups, they'd get in big fights and try to make each other jealous for a few weeks before getting back together. They had a big fight before "finally" breaking up and being friends

>>18567704
I will voice it if it's ever more than now, but I'm not sure if voicing it right now would just weird her out or come across as super insecure
>>
>>18567723
I don't think you should get pissed off at her, but you can definitely have a conversation about boundaries. It's okay to tell her sometimes you feel a little bothered by how she messages her ex. Open, honest communication is good, and so is communicating your feelings. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with my partner messaging an ex. Who knows, she might have no clue that it bothers you and wouldn't mind cutting off contact
>>
>>18567723
I'd rather look a little insecure than having my woman talk a lot to her 3 years ex like I'm a fucking cuck. If they can be friends, cool. But if you don't like it you should let her know, and the sooner the better. Or otherwise, the "mysterious" feelings that drive women sometimes may appear and she doesn't know your boundaries by then.
>>
>>18567733
>>18567735
All right, I'll talk to her about this next time I see her. The way she reacts should tell me a lot about her too.
>>
>>18567747
Eh, it might be that she is over her ex but might assume you're trying to control her life and get defensive. Not everyone has great communication skills right off the bat, and judging from how her and her ex fought, she might have some more learning to do
>>
>>18567753
Anything I should keep in mind bringing it up? Usually I like to make my intentions clear before actually asking, things like

>I'm not accusing you of cheating, but I realize your ex was very important to you and wanted you to think about how most people need some time after a relationship like that

And I think my autismo is showing a little bit, but this are uncharted waters for me
>>
>>18567778
OP ignore those advocating for "just playing it cool" It's not cool that she talks cassualy to her ex. He had his chance and blew it. What is this shit about them being "friends"? Once you break up, you are done. Now OP don't be a dick about it, but don't let yourself be pushed over. You are BOTH part of this relationship and if she needs male friends she has you and other people she hasn't fucked. Just being civil with your ex is enough IMO friends is just bullshit people that didn't completely get over it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.