[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only have $15 to spend on food for an entire month. Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: food_cat.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
food_cat.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
I only have $15 to spend on food for an entire month. Looking for advice on how the fuck I'm going to do this without being malnourished.

Do I buy just as much rice as I can for $15? Or do I get rice, beans, and veggies?
>>
>>18567478
why so little money?
>>
>>18567478
lentils, rice, beans
>>
Get rice and dried beans. combining them will make a complete protine. Since it is summer you should be able to snag some free food to take care of your vegetable needs. Apple trees or berry bushes are prime examples. You can also eat dandelion greens which most people ignore. If you live in a big city and there is 0 vegetation in your area than hang out behind a little ceasers at closing time. They throw away all those hot n ready pizzas nobody buys. Not exactly healthy but it good calories.
>>
>>18567489
I normally have a lot more, slow month at work so I made very little.
>>
>>18567478
Find a local food pantry, don't let pride make you suffer.

http://www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank/
http://www.foodpantries.org/

go into a fast food place and get some of their condiment packets if you have absolutely no seasonings at home. You're going to be malnourished no matter what. you can eat for 15 days if you eat one thing off the dollar menu per day or you can get a 20 pound bag of rice for $10 at walmart but that only covers your caloric needs, not nutrients.
>>
Steal. Walk in to the grocery store with a reusable shopping bag, fill it up, walk out. As long as you aren't black and don't dress like an idiot you will not get caught. Move between stores.
>>
>>18567504
Damn this is straight homeless person advice kek
>>
Spend your $15 on quality kneepads.
>>
>>18567478
Just steal nigga
>>
Dude how hard is it to earn an extra hundred bucks. Do some housework for a friend, ask your parents to spot you some cash. Join a casual labour company for a day and help some old lady move. Sell something. You're not fucking thinking hard enough
>>
>>18567478

Dude, food pantry/food stamps. If you really only have $15, put your fucking pride away, and take some free food from there, because you need it.

Beyond that, rice beans lentils.
>>
>>18567478
donate blood
donate plasma
donate sperm
>>
>>18567478
Also, plasma donation/medical type stuff. You can earn a lot of food money from that.
>>
>>18567492

What a balanced diet :^)
>>
>>18567478
Even with 50$ on foods I'm still struggling I don't see how you can manage to survive a month with only 15$
Why so little?
Put your pride away and listen to others anon here. Go get some fuckin jobs
>>
I think you could make a soup for pretty cheap if you have a pot, you could make it completely out of vegetables and throw in some potatoes or rice (it gets all puffy and yummy). I normally like to squeeze a little bit of lemon or lime in my soup to give it some acidity. You can add beans or lentils as a cheap protein.
If you can, go to a Mexican food market instead of Safeway or nob hill. I'm surprised at how much I can get for $20 there in comparison to when I go to grocery stores that aren't playing cumbia music.
>>
>>18567611
>>18567640
Yeah I have people in my life who will give me money. I just wanted to explore the idea of solving this independently.
>>
>>18567478
If you live in the United States, this just isn't going to happen. $15 is not enough to nourish you for a month. Go to food donation pantries. Ask friends for food.
>>
Buy a huge container of plain oats and spend the rest on eggs. You should be go to go
>>
>>18567504
I was at a little Caesars today, they throw away 300 USD worth of pizza every day. Lady gave me a free one instead of tossing it
>>
>>18567478
I got you covered, senpai.

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/meal-prep-day-simple-rice-and-beans/

If you can eat two meals per day, you'll spend 19.50 over the course of a month. Surely you can find 4.50 over the course of 30 days? It's literally 15 cents per day.
>>
>>18567620
>donate blood
>donate plasma
>donate sperm
I tried that but they said they can't accept donations from someone like me (gay, former druggie, mental illness with copious medications constantly in my bloodstream)
>>
>>18568353
Forgot to mention, you'll need to cut out the cheese, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>18567478
Pancakes/ crepes:
1 egg
100g Flour
200ml Milk
bit Salt/Suggar
Oil for the pan
Will make 15 of them. Add calories with more oil and topping (frozen creme spinach, marmelade, cheese, ... nearly everything).

2L Milk, 1kg Flour, 10 Eggs will cost you around 2-3€ and make you go for 10 days depending on the cheap topping. If you're still hungry just fry up some eggs. Cheap and additional protein, will also make you feel full longer. If you buy bread, go for the black with seeds if you're not in some backwards country like america.

Also cheap and tasty, spagehettis with tomato sauce:
250g Spaghetti
50g Concentrated tomato paste
50ml Creme
Water, spices, etc.

Add tomato paste into pan, add and mix with water, thicken up with flour (mixed with cold water) if necessary, add creame and optional fresh tomatoes/ herbs.

1kg Spaghettis, 200g Tomato paste and 200ml creme will make 4 meals and cost around 2€.

Go shopping on saturday evenings, most shops will reduce their prices on fresh stuff. Also of course beans and lentils. In those you can also add reduced vegetables and creme to add some calories and taste. You can also ask your local bakery in the evening, most have to throw everything into the trash, so you might get delicious stuff fucking cheap (in europe they aren't allowed to gift it, so they sell it for 1€ for a big bag).
>>
>>18567478
Oats. Cook it 40 minutes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.