[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /adv/; I have ADHD, and this made me always forgetting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Greetings /adv/;

I have ADHD, and this made me always forgetting stuff and always distracted with almost 0 passience.

But now that I'm older this wories me because this affects my social life and will affect work, and I think I will get bored after just 20 mins in work...

Is there a solution for this without medication? I always kept this a secret since I din't want my parents to waste money on medication.
>>
>>18567439
When I was a kid I took this stuff called "attend" based on a teacher's recommendation, and according to her it worked. It was sold at health stores over the counter.
I personally couldn't tell the difference (always got in trouble at that school anyways, fucking cunts now that I think about it).
I'm not sure if it still exists though, I only took it for a year. I was never diagnosed with anything though, and it wasn't considered a strong medicine.
>>
ADHD diagnosed here. Let me give you my secret formula.

A) Build a habit. Habits are gonna be your backbone. Start work consistently. Sit in the same place, with the same chair, the same snack. Do it consistently for two or more weeks, even though it SUCKS. Just pull through. Build up associations, so you brain sees these cues and associates them with work. That makes it easier to get into a work mode.

B) Make it fun. Something that keeps your energy up but isn't too distracting. For me, it's music. For some other people it's audiobooks. For others, it's TV, though personally I find TV the worst distraction of all. Have something to fill the space while you work and keep from getting bored.

C) Make yourself accountable. Make it so people expect you to work or to provide a service or to have a paper on their desk by the afternoon. Guilt can be your friend, it can make you do something when nothing else will.

D) Give yourself immediate positive feedback and reward for a task completed or focus achieved for a good amount of time. This can be through 15 minutes of gaming or internet time (Set a timer! Do not let yourself get lost in it!) or through a to-do list and reward service like Habitica. ADHD craves immediate feedback and reward, use that to train yourself to do what you want to do.

P.S. Timers can be very helpful. You will work for X amount of time, you have Y minutes to complete a task. You have a break for Z minutes. They can trigger the "last minute hyperfocus rush" to complete a task. Give it a try. If it works, use the fuck out of it.

P.P.S. Keep a calendar and to-do list on your phone.

P.P.P.S. If you cannot make yourself work on something, work on something else that needs to be done so at least you are productuve while you are procrastinating
>>
>>18567439
Develop your own rules or ideology
Ways to have quick, correct, organic cognitions
It helps cut out the noise of choice that gets our particular breed in a rut
>>
>>18567752
Awesome reply, thx dude
>>
File: 265.png (62KB, 670x292px) Image search: [Google]
265.png
62KB, 670x292px
>>18567439
try nootropics like modafinil or unifiram or sunifiram
>>
>>18569228
Noted, I'll search about it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.