[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem. Every time I boil water for tea, there seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: chefsaddgfdsgfd.jpg (20KB, 254x395px) Image search: [Google]
chefsaddgfdsgfd.jpg
20KB, 254x395px
I have a problem. Every time I boil water for tea, there seems to be a thin layer of some type of residue residing on the top of the water, which I assume is some sort of oil. The problem being is the pot is clean, I've washed the pot thoroughly and rinsed it several times over, I've even gone so far as to boil one pot of water and then dump it out to boil another and yet this residue still exists. I unfortunately am unable to take pictures at the time but think of the oil as something like you would see in a bowl of ramen noodles with that oily substance on top of the water. Does anybody know what the fuck this is?

Btw I haven't noticed it until now, because the oil isn't that noticeable and can only be seen when at a certain angle to the light. I've also noticed there isn't really a weird taste to the tea so somebody tell me... WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???
>>
So it's either the pot which is A: Old and all scratched up or B: The tap water which I use, note I live in America.
>>
>>18567300
Probably the water
My sister has to leave water out for her fish because of the chlorine/whatever and it gets a film justfrom sitting there. Same when boiling water for pasta, but I thought it's because she bought cheap pasta
>>
you could also try a different pot if that floats your boat
>>
>>18567300
google up "hard water" and see if that matches the description you're giving us. that could be the problem. won't harm you or anything, but you may want to get a filter if you think the taste of the tea or whatever is being affected.
>>
>>18567300
use your goddamned problem solving skills
>>
File: hanku-bubb.jpg (26KB, 373x359px) Image search: [Google]
hanku-bubb.jpg
26KB, 373x359px
>>18567316
C: It could be something in the tea? To test, I suggest to try boiling water in a different pot or microwaving it in a microwave-safe cup and see how that works. If there is still an oily substance, then we have eliminated the pot as the problem. Next, try using distilled bottled water. If there is still an oily substance, then we have eliminated the water as the problem. All we are left with then is the tea in the equation.
>>18568118
We have our best minds on the case. We WILL get to the bottom of this.
>>
>>18567316
>note I live in America.

You mean that country where the water is so bad in places that you can light it on fire?

Here is how you test if its the water. Buy 2 bottles of water. Use one to wash and rinse the pot. Boil the second.

If the residue remains then its your pot. If not then its your water.
>>
>>18567300
Probably the water. I don't know much about what my specific country does in terms of water treatment, but the cafe I frequent told me about their high end water filter system to clean it up as much as possible so it doesn't effect the taste of their brews. Try >>18568167 though, it's a really good idea
>>
>>18567300
https://youtu.be/OqWSzv7ESJY
>>
>>18567300
It's oil seeping into plumbing in your house. Dig your backyard and sell oil, buy bottled water. Profit.
Check your municipality for any maintenance going around your district. Could be sewage too.
>>
you are brewing the bag for too long, at too high a temperature.

here is the fix for the ideal tea brewing on the go:
1) bag and sugar in the mug
2)hot water
3)straight away milk
4)leave the bag in
5)tea will brew nice and brown without over extraction from the leaves
>>
>>18569215
t.brit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.