[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I wanna prove a point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Hours.jpg (103KB, 900x537px) Image search: [Google]
Hours.jpg
103KB, 900x537px
I just got into an argument with my mom about a timesheet she wanted to fill out. Basically, she thinks I can't count hours, or something along the lines of that.

Here's an example: if you count all the hours from 11AM to 5PM, how many hours is that? I ask this, because she came up with 6 hours and I got 7, and she's saying I'm wrong.

She got 6 because she didn't count the 11th hour, but I did. I just think that what I did is the accurate and correct way of calculating it. When you count hours, do you skip over the initial hour, and then start at the next one?
>>
Wtf
> 11 to 12 equals 1 hour
> 12 to 1 equals 1 hour
This shit Is basic math
>>
>>18566252
I ask this, because honestly I'm just frustrated with how she handled this with me, saying I don't know math and all that.

I'm a college student, and I've been doing math for most of my life. I mean, what right does she have?
>>

11 to 12
12 to 1
1 to 2
2 to 3
3 to 4
4 to 5
>>
>11-12
1 hour
>12-1
2 hour
>1-2
3 hour
>2-3
4 hour
>3-4
5 hour
>4-5
6 hour
>>
>>18566259
I know, right?

And she thinks I'm in the wrong. If I progressed with her any further, she would have just been pissed off with me. So, I'm like "fuck it. You're right."
>>
>>18566265
It's only 6 hours tho she's right
>>
>>18566262
Oh shit...
>>
>>18566252

I think youre being a smart ass and overthought it and it got the best of you.

You started counting 11 as an hour (1) then 12 as an hour (2) and youre definitely right about that.

Then you forgot she *stopped working at 5. She didnt work the 7th hour*. Probably in the heat of the argument, ill give you that, and maybe you arent so bad at math, ill give you that empathy too.

But stop being a smart ass or this wont be the last time you make a retard of yourself.
>>
>>18566252
You and your mom need have better arguments. It's 6 hours that have passed if you calculate from the beginning of 1100 to beginning 1700 hours. Next time op, ask for advice on how to get laid.
>>
OP confirmed for retard
>>
>>18566252
your mom is correct: as a good woman she is not counting the hour she takes for lunch.
>>
This is the type of stuff that children aged 9 would be called retards over. Seriously op. I'm worried.

Did you turn 1 year old the day you were born, or did you have to wait a whole year before you got to celebrate your birthday. The 11th hour is between 11 and 12. One hour has passed when it's 12.
>>
>>18566317
Op probably forgot to count his birthdays and it's probably mentally stuck at age 6, or was it 7?
>>
It's 6 hours, OP.

11-12 is one hour.
12-1 is one hour.
1-2 is one hour.
2-3 is one hour.
3-4 is one hour.
4-5 is one hour.

One and one and one and one and one and one is six.

She probably got upset with you because you were clearly wrong, insistent that you were totally correct, and made her feel dumb for working a real job and understanding basic, BASIC math while you study god knows what for thousands of dollars a month.
>>
>>18566265
your mom is the right one you stupid fuck. stay in school.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.