[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I figure out what I'm suppose to do with myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Quick background, I'm a 22 year old guy with a baby on the way. I had to drop out of a two year a few years back due to circumstances out of my control and now im stuck working slave wage food and bev gigs.

I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were on my own but now with the bundle of joy imminent i need to buckle down and secure my future. I cant support a family making lattes forever.

I've been thinking alot lately about my lot in life and what the fuck im suppose to do and support my family at the same time.
Thing is though I don't really feel like i have any real world skills or interests that would be useful in the work place. The few hobbies i do like to indulge in i've either never surpassed mediocrity or they're just not useful for the workfront. I'd like to go back to school but im worried about being a debt slave and not being able to balance school work and home. Not to mention I dont want to go through all that trouble with no real goal in mind and still only end up working dead end jobs like a lot of other people I know.

I guess what I'm really trying to get at is how do I find my niche in society and also make it economically viable? Is it worth going back to school?
>>
Yes and no. A baby is expensive. Its not a bundle of joy but rather a bundle of responsibilities/expenses. Take two jobs instead and I think you should wait until the kid is like 3-4 where the expenses is slightly down (since it has been potty trained already by that time) before going back to school (which is also time/money consuming). And be prepared to be a working student/dad by that time. Good luck OP.
>>
>>18566042
My father went through something a lot like this, there are a lot of options out there schooling wise and once your kid is 5 - 7 I would suggest trying to go back to school.
Shits going to be very hard for you, and your wife if you have one. It's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it
>>
apprenticeship. learn a trade.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.