[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my boss is trying to fire me, what should I do /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0003.jpg (113KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
113KB, 640x514px
I think my boss is trying to fire me, what should I do /adv/?
>>
>>18565829
contact them at your earliest convenience and make arrangements for a meeting date and time.
>>
What do you think you did?
This could be about something that isn't your fault.
>>
>>18565834
I'm meeting with my manager today.
>>
>>18565836
Not sure, it's a part time job I work when I'm at uni. I was sort of lazy but I didn't really draw attention to myself.
>>
>>18565829

If you know you are being fired. Cancel the meeting and go on the sick ASAP. You are cutting all ties this way for a reference but you're not really... If you play it right they will reference you for another job just to get you off the sick. I'm talking bullshit callcentre/office jobs here. Most companies I've worked for like to think they're not just bullshit companies offering bullshit jobs to bullshit people.

What country are you in? What is the job? What is your reason for being fired? What is your notice pay?

If you can get on sick for 3 months full pay while looking for another job I would legitimately take that option, I've done this once after failing to do it the first time it happened. It certainly made my time unemployed more enjoyable snickering at the human resources team saying I was too ill to make it to a meeting cough cough.

There is a backstory to this though.
>>
>>18565883
>If you can get on sick for 3 months full pay while looking for another job I would legitimately take that option

You have to make it clear that you are not coming in while sick for a meeting as you are not in a fit state to do so. Tell them to get it all in writing over email... Never VOIP or skype. Just in writing email only.
>>
>>18565883
What kind of job are you working that you get full pay for three months? Every job I've had (retail, office assistant, etc) I did not get paid for sick days, and had to compensate for the lost hours by picking up more shifts later.
OP also obviously isn't positive he's getting fired. This could be about something else.
>>
>>18565829
It's not "what do I do", but "what should I have done"?
You probably know the answer.
>>
>>18565891
>What kind of job are you working that you get full pay for three months?

Callcentre, processing credit card transactions. Mind you every other job I've had is the same bullshit you describe. They called a bunch of people in on Friday afternoon and as I was leaving a co-worker told me in the lobby he had just been fired which gave me all of 30 seconds notice to at which point I knew I was next Rather than the meeting I told reception I was leaving and couldn't find my manager (he was in the meeting waiting to fire me) and I was away. Got note from doctor for 'stress' and was fired in my absence of a rescheduled meeting 6 weeks later but I collected 6 weeks full pay and an additional 2 weeks notice rather than 2 weeks notice.

I had worked in admin in HR in a company before where I learned a lot about how to be a nuisance employee by watching the nuisance employees pull shit like this.

The next job I had was minimum wage. I did it with a smile on my face and then they changed my manager who never let me know I'd changed to his team. So he started deleting hours off my payroll on days we were both in because I wasn't sitting under his supervision therefore I wasn't in the centre... since my old manager never told me either and just thought I'd rather sit with 'the old team' I fucked these guys about for government sick pay for 3 months which isn't much but it's better than dole. They had every right to fire me when I started saying look... if you pay me when you want... I'll just come in when I want. But I was missing about 1/2+ of my paycheck for 2 months and they were arguing I wasn't even in attendance. I also took them to a tribunal and won, although I was only compensated for my lost hours... They must have spent several thousands dealing with the case. Today it would cost me 1200gbp + to take them to a tribunal and if I lost I'd pay their costs.

OP might get fired and wish he'd just opted my route. But it's situational.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.