[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Continue teaching English?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lambo.jpg (15KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
lambo.jpg
15KB, 440x330px
I live in Poland and I have a side job teaching English 6hrs/week for 1 day at a private elementary school. English is my first language so I got hired with no qualifications. The pay is about ~14 USD an hour compared to the minimum wage of ~3 USD over here, so it's decent money. Besides teaching, I'm studying at uni here and slowly starting my own business.

I'm unsure if I want to continue teaching once the school year starts. The school wants me obviously because there's a big demand for native speakers. I originally picked up the job in October because I enjoy new experiences and wanted to see what it's like being a teacher, as well as being able to make some nice pocket money - it turned out cool Teaching children (or teaching English in general) isn't something that brings me joy and is not something I plan on doing for a career so I feel like it will be a waste of time if I continue working further and it would only be a source of extra money. On one hand, the money could be useful for developing my business and being able to enjoy life a bit more and it is only 1 day per week - however, I have an unpleasant gut feeling about continuing working there as it's giving me a feeling of not moving forward in life and just wasting my time for some extra pocket cash.
>>
>thread isn't about being a kissless virgin
>0 replies

t-thanks /adv/
>>
You're in college, and it's only for one day. Use that money to help pay for whatever expenses and teaching people helps with connections. Who knows, one of the kids you may teach down the road my have a dad or mom who's in the business you're trying to make. Getting ahead is way more about who you know than what you know sadly. I graduated not knowing anyone and it's biting me in the ass real hard right now. I know you're nervous and afraid of being "stuck" but undergrad isn't hard, unless you're lazy.
>>
>>18565350
Also adding on to my previous post, you're teaching at a private school, which means the parents that are sending their kids there have some kind of money or status so you have to use that to your advantage. The kids will talk about you and some of the parents may want to meet you there. This is when you make an acquantance out of them so you won't end up like me when you're done with your studies.
>>
>>18565350

This sounds like a great way to get the capital to grow your business. 6 hours a week really isn't a huge sacrifice, and it's not going to make you graduate any slower.
>>
Thanks for the replies. I thought about it and I decided that I will decline the offer.

I figured that if I end up needing money I can try something new that can give me useful skills like some sales job, or maybe freelancing making landing pages, etc.

If anything as a native speaker I can always get a new gig, maybe this time teaching business English which would be able to open a lot more doors for me than teaching little brats.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.