[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do people learn to drive? I just came back from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: spongebob_driving.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_driving.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
How the hell do people learn to drive? I just came back from my second lesson and I was a complete gibbering mess throughout, and when I finished I was completely dehydrated and dizzy. Even while the instructor was telling me specifically what to do I couldn't think straight and fucked it all up.

I know it's early days yet, but has this happened to other people? Is there a way to rationalise what I'm doing while I'm driving so I don't panic so horribly? I don't even want to drive to be honest, but I'm being pressured into it by my parents and I've already arranged £200 in lessons.
>>
Most people learn the absolute basics in an empty parking lot where there's nothing to hit until they're comfortable controlling the car, then move on to secluded streets until they're comfortable being on busier roads.
>>
>>18565341
Practice makes perfect. Simple as that.

I bet you are another amerifat who doesnt even have to deal with transmission and still fuck it up.

Nevermind, you drive on wrong side of road.

Learn to chill, you are in that car where instructor can brake for you. CHILL.
>>
>>18565341
>I don't even want to drive to be honest, but I'm being pressured into it by my parents
well there's your problem.
>>
>>18565341
drop the clutch and floor it.
>no clutch
there's your problem, the car cant talk to you. you're thinking too much about what you're doing and controlling the car instead of driving within the confines of operating procedures and the law and letting the car communicate while you tell it what you'd like it to do. then as you get better you tell it what you would like it to do and then compromise because you're at the point where you're using physics to take the car beyond its limits.
>>
I was scared at first, find some extremely quiet roads that are nice and wide (Usually in house construction areas after hours) and just get a feel for the car and how it moves.
>>
>>18565341
The first few lessons were total shit for me as well. Just keep at it.
>>
>>18565341
At least you're trying to get your license the right way. Do you know how many idiots out there drive without a license and get in wrecks? It's ridiculous, and after you get used to driving you're gonna have to look out for reckless people driving WORSE than you.

tl;dr: ALWAYS DRIVE DEFENSIVELY.
>>
Anon this is pretty normal. It will go away as you get more experience and become more comfortable.
>>
>>18565341
>I was a complete gibbering mess throughout, and when I finished I was completely dehydrated and dizzy. Even while the instructor was telling me specifically what to do I couldn't think straight and fucked it all up.
That's called crippling anxiety, you twit. Get yourself checked out.
>>
File: High_Five.jpg (1MB, 2000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
High_Five.jpg
1MB, 2000x2667px
Not OP but I have a similar problem. I have a horrible phobia of driving. Everywhere I go, I take the long way because I'm terrified of driving on highways. I don't even know how the fuck people drive on roads like pic related. How are you even supposed to know where to go? If you're in the wrong lane for 10 seconds, you'll end up going 180 degrees in the wrong direction, and there's no place to turn around for 20 miles.
>>
>>18565788
It's called looking up the route beforehand. Listen, I was a wreck of a driver when I first started. I lived in a college town, so it wasn't necessary. But now that I've moved out and live on my own, it's one of the most used skills I have. You just need to take it at your own pace, and if you're nervous about freeways, then stay in the right lane. All the slow-mos stay there anyway and you can get off the next exit easily.
>>
>>18565788

In that case you just fucking deal with it. When going to someplace that you don't know and without GPS, leave earlier.

Yeah it sucks, but it's not like you just got your dick cut off or anything.
>>
I used to be like that, you get used to it, just practice.

I hate driving and only do it like a couple times a week, i rather take the bus and sleep there.
>>
>>18565341

I'm looking to pass my test soon, but first I have to do the multiple choice test in the centre, how was that? Easy? I haven't done any revision yet although have DVLA book to revise
>>
>>18565341
Just got to get used to it. I know when I was trying to drive I was a complete wreck (pun intended) and was yelling at my mom. I would sweat and be real nervous. Just got to get use to it. Took the driving test and hey everything was OK, I took so long to parallel park because I would rather walk miles then find a parallel parking space that is right next to my destination. Instructor gave me passing anyway and told me I can skip it.

Practice!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.