[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cop or drop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: macbook.jpg (22KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
macbook.jpg
22KB, 600x450px
I've seen a listing on cl about a 2014 macbook pro $600. Are apple cuck products worth the hype to run adobe software? (i.e premier)
>>
>>18564643
not sure about the specs but on apples website you can get a new macbook air for $850 with the "student discount" which is given to everyone you just have to tell the guy in best buy that you're a student.
>>
>>18564646
Macbook air is a far cry from the pro, specs wise.

>>18564643
Depends on the specs of the pro, but I would say that apple isn't worth it for the vast majority of people. It's one thing if you are a professional using software you can only get on a Mac, and another if you're just looking to escape Windows (there are better options).
>>
>>18564662
linux?
>>
>>18564666
Not necessarily, but for most people escaping Windows, Linux Mint will make them ecstatic, as it feels exactly like Windows 7, is way more secure and private, and uses a fraction of the resources. WINE will fill the gap for any programs you just HAVE to have that's on Windows, but that really shouldn't be much.

If you're looking to game, Mac isn't a great option in comparison to Ubuntu and its forks (like Mint), as Steam is pushing Linux support hard.
>>
Premiere comes in the CC package and is available on PC and therefore a macbook is not actually better for it in any way. If you're looking for a new laptop and you want a macbook then sure, but don't do it just for CC products.
>>
>>18564643
I've used Apple before, and memes aside, it has it's own pros and cons compared to windows.

Bad
>can't game for shit
>takes time to get used to the layout and stuff
>apple computer at my art school once fucked up the data on my entire USB drive because of their weird-ass file management system error

Good
>more streamlined, easier to use
>less annoying updates and pop-up windows
>less viruses
>using apple in public grants you more social prestige than using windows in public, especially when you use apple to do creative projects
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.