[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Your dog's dead, but you can still keep it"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: hmm.png (219KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
219KB, 500x300px
Can you realistically healthily be friends or even best friends after a breakup/manifestation of romantic feelings/rejection?

Why, or why not, and how?

Asking mostly from a scientific perspective but also from experiences/general opinions.
>>
>>18563713
Not really.
"Let's be friends" is basically saying "Yeah I'm done with you but I'd like a emotional tampon for when my future bf does something new during sex or when I get called ugly on the Internet and need reassurance."

>t. Guy who has heard the 'let's be friends' scham for years.
>>
>>18563713
The question boils down to this:
Do you really want to hear from the girl you loved talk about her day? Her new BF? Her new car that you'll never ride in? The fact that the lips you kissed are now being used to pleasure her current bf?

Then again this is all just my opinion/experiences but every one is different.
>>
>>18563748
>>18563759
What about the inverse?
A girl being cucked by a guy?
>>
>>18563713

If you're truly broken hearted, no. If you broke up with her or had a mutual breakup, yeah.

And time heals all wounds, but it takes a lot of it.
>>
>>18563766
either way it's messy and stupid of an idea.

listen, i've been heartbroken and i know how visiciously crushing it is to be on your own and literally no one cares about you like your ex did so you NEED them to survive.

i really get it.

but it's not how you move on. it's not how you get strong. you are just making more pain for yourself in the long run.

be strong, completely dive through the pain. it will be like an emotional cold for a long time as you readjust.

but it will get better and you will be stronger.

you need to let your ex go.
>>
>>18563785
Just let me know something.

If and when I get better and stronger. Is it possible for us to be friends or at least acquaintances then?
>>
>>18563800
yes, it is. once you have completely moved on. but chances are you won't want to
>>
>>18563713

yes, if thats the way both people feel at the end. thats how a lot of marriages end. not a majority, but a lot of marriages get to this point where thats basically what the couple is.

but if you already dont see that, its okay to leace. you dont HAVE to be her friend
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.