/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what I want to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (10KB, 550x387px) Image search: [Google]
flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg
10KB, 550x387px
I'm almost 25 and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life :(

I was thinking of going to college and studying math to either become an engineer or a computer programmer. I excel at math and I feel accomplished when I do it, but it's not my passion or calling.

I enjoy psychology but I'm not too interested in any of the careers I can get and the degree would take too long (Masters or PHD/PsyD). Dream job would be a fiction book editor, and my dream is to make my own comic book!

I would use the funds from my STEM job to hire an illustrator and make my comic book dream real.
>>
File: 1484264908255.jpg (166KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
1484264908255.jpg
166KB, 900x643px
Become a quant traders so you can buy anything that you want.
>>
File: 3_Little_Pigs.jpg (15KB, 236x218px) Image search: [Google]
3_Little_Pigs.jpg
15KB, 236x218px
>>
>passion or calling

Not to be a downer, but most people just work jobs because they get paid to do it, not because of passion or calling.
>>
>>18563650

OP here, yeah that makes sense
>>
>>18563673
I gave you solid advice you faggot.
>>18563600
>>
I am going throw something similar OP, It has alot to do with identity and how we loose ourselves in this day in age. For a long time and still now I asked myself alot of questions yet that I still cant answer myself.

Who am I?
What am I?
What am I supposed to be?
What am I supposed to do?

it took a long time to realize this; that my identity crisis came from a deeply profound self identification of what my race is, my sex is, and my mind is.

I had to move to a different country to just begin to find out what was going on inside my head, and I think I am finally coming to term to who I am as a person.

maybe travel anon, environment plays a MASSIVE role into shaping us into who we are. if you live in a depressed places with little to know chances of advancement, it's easy to take life and trow is away like you do a empty can of soda.

when I went to Honduras for a humanitarian aid trip I met a child who was only 13 and he told me that he hoped that there was a big war where he lived and that everyone died. environment shapes people anon. move around.
>>
>>18563692
Work from home aspirant here with an actual small passive income established.

Dont worry friend, ill take your advice.

Can you tl;dr wtf quant trading is?

Id google it but id rather a converse.
>>
File: bitches everywhere.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bitches everywhere.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
>>18563700
Trading markets with high frequency algorithms.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/high-frequency-trading.asp
>>
>>18563705
Ah ok, cool.

I started on amazon fba a month ago. Ive done 400 in sales on two items. I threw some money out not expecting it to work so well and my half assed efforts were extremely surprising.

If i got on this years ago i understand id be a millionnaire by now but its not as good as it used to be and getting worse. Probably going to sink sooner than later.

So how much should I invest to start? Any recommended programs?
>>
>>18563719
Did you even read it?
>>
I went through the same thing.
I had a multitude of interests but I couldn't settle on what I wanted to dedicate my time to.

I eventually decided; I chose something that not only would I be able to benefit from personally, but can use the degree in many different ways. My fear was to be stuck with a useless degree if my plan A doesn't work out, basically.

I think the biggest struggle is trying to find something that you can see yourself enjoying long term.
What I usually do is make a pros and cons of the choices I have, on a post education /in the workforce level. By breaking it down it usually becomes clear what you'll get tired of long term.

I flip flopped through so many different options; Metal working/glass blowing/ programming/ app development /pastry chef/horticulture/sustainable agriculture and I decided to settle on Nutrition since there's a million and one ways to use that degree plus it's a degree that can allow me to be self sufficient and work remotely if I choose to in the future.

But you know what you want out of life, I assume you have a 5/10/20 year plan.
Some career paths can allow you to achieve those goals, some will bring you down a different path.
If you don't have a future plan, maybe start there and work your way back to the career part?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.