[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car dudes plz halp! I drove my car to and from work today not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1467256470075.jpg (74KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467256470075.jpg
74KB, 540x720px
Car dudes plz halp!
I drove my car to and from work today not realizing I left the radiator cap off. Omw home I noticed smoke and an odd noise, drove home, car completely died before I even parked it. The radiator was smoking and completely empty. I filled it to the brim w 50/50 and the car starts again but dies after 5 seconds. Do you think if I let it cool down for a couple hours itll be okay? 110° where I live.
>>
It lost a lot of coolant (it's a pressurized system) and overheated. You may have done permanent damage to the engine. Ask /o/.
>>
You overheated your car. Did you not notice your temperature guage going apeshit?

Let the car cool down completely until the temperature gauge hits the C mark. You can check by turning your key far as it goes without starting the battery. This will take an hour or more likely.

Once your car is cool, refill your coolant. Coolant expands when hot, which is why the coolant system must be pressurized for it to work and why its not efficient to add coolant to an overheated car (although its better than nothing). Add til full as per your car and then close it up and start it.

Let your car idle and see what happens. If it seems ok, drive home slowly. WATCH YOUR TEMPERATURE GUAGE LIKE A FUCKING SHITHAWK. If it is going above the 1/2 mark and not going down, you need to pull over, shut the car off, and wait for to cool.

If you are lucky the car shut itself off to prevent damage. You may have blown a headgasket by doing what you did - if thats the case youre fucked and your car is officially kill. You can find out by doing an oil change and seeing if your oil is thick and has the consistancy of a milkshake.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.