[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vaccines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: vaccine.jpg (70KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
vaccine.jpg
70KB, 500x522px
Any of you have a opinion about vaccinating baby's? We recently had a healthy beautiful baby and I was no aware of the controversy causing autism, seizures, etc.. My Fiance is so against them showing me horrible videos and storys from various mom groups on FB and blogs I am not sold on the anti vaccine and just looking for advice preferably from experience but anything to help me out of the grey area and jump in pro or anti
>>
> Getting polio , mumps , or any other disease from the 40s in 2017
Kek
>>
>>18563339

Firstly, there has been no reputable study ever done that showed a concrete link between vaccinations and autism. None. There is no data to support that claim.

Secondly, there have been documented side effects from vaccination however they are exceedingly rare. Not to mention that your child has a much higher chance of getting sick from a disease he or she could of been vaccinated against than suffering a severe side effect of being vaccinated.

In summary, statistically, its exponentially more dangerous to let your child walk around the world unvaccinated than it is to vaccinate them. If you're talking pure risk assessment, the greater risk is to not vaccinate.

Let your fiancee know that horrible videos and mom groups on Facebook is not science. Science has never found a link between vaccination and autism and until it does letting the health of your child depend on the paranoid ramblings of middle aged mothers who get their statistics from satirical websites and fear mongering anti-pharma blogs is irresponsible and dangerous.
>>
>>18563339
fuck your fiance, take the kid to get vaccinated asap. how about you show her horrible videos of children that are stuck in medical clean rooms with life threatening diseases that were 100% preventable. or the fact that in italy you're legally required to get your children vaccinated.
>>
>>18563339
It goes like this:

Chance of your baby getting SEVERELY (autism, brain damage, seizures, death) is very very VERY low.
Chance of yout baby getting most of the illnesses the vaccine is against is low.

But, if your baby will get such thing, it will die. Or be infertile and other funny things. Depends on what exactly it gets.

So it all boils down to on what will you bet. A lot of people bets on vaccinations and 99% babies survive with some minor symptoms like fever, nausea, irritation and so on. Still much better than to get something like
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pertussis
Where your kid simply stop breathing.

Choose wisely.
>>
>>18563339
Dumb ass how recent?
Breast milk only protects the baby for 6 months you dumb fuck.
Get your kid vaccinated and if they do turn out with autism it's probably hereditary from you visiting this place.
>>
>>18563339

Vaccinate your child. There are children who cannot get vaccinated due to disorders and allergies. Their only hope is herd immunity, which is the idea that if the people around you are not getting the illness, it will not pass on to other children.

As already mentioned, there are not any reputable studies regarding children getting autism from vaccines - just fear mongering, word-of-mouth stories that make people afraid, coupled with a higher diagnosis of "autism" on account of Asperger's Syndrome, which used to be just considered as "stop being fucking weird."

PLEASE vaccinate your kid.
>>
A good compromise would be to get them 1 at a time not all at once.
>>
>various mom groups on FB and blogs

Yea I am sure they know more than the scientists who conducted numerous tests to prove that they are safe and also wiped out smallpox.

There has actually been a resurgence in whooping cough which is preventable by vaccination but so many people are refusing vaccination its making a comeback. Despite this the autism rate is actually going up so there is obviously no correlation.
>>
>>18563339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gku93laoec

Ribbit ribbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo
>>
do it, there aren't any real disadvantages to it
sure, the kid might get a low fever for a few days, but it's nothing to worry about and even that doesn't have to happen
now of course you don't need to get anything unnecessary that you won't ever catch where you live, but when there's a chance of catching it, like polio etc. it's better to be safe than sorry
>>
Even if the whole thing about autism was true, which is horseshit, would you really rather be responsible for the death of your child from some disease no one else worries about over the possibility that your child might develop a social disorder? Sort your priorities out.
>>
>>18563339
Your fiance is mentally deficient. There is more evidence that formula milk causes autism than vaccines.
>>
>>18563339
haha you actually reproduced with someone that's that stupid!
>>
Also unvaccinated children introduce the chance for gene mutations in the infection which could, possibly, make the vaccine useless for everyone. The risk is low but it is there.
>>
>>18563339
There is no link between vaccines and Autism, that study was debunked years ago. There is a minor risk that a baby will have an adverse reaction to one of the ingredients, but it's minor. The potential risks for things like Whooping Cough or Mumps is much higher, and, if you live in an area with lots of anti vaxxers, the risk of them contracting the disease is again, higher. Unvaccinated children lower herd immunity which protects those who can't get vaccinated due to compromised immune systems, and very young babies.
>>
>>18563339
Why don't you go ask a doctor, OP? Can't hurt to share some of your concerns?
>>
I'm so proud of the responses in this thread!

>>18563339
You should talk to your wife about om her believing moms on Facebook who state something in which they do not give any evidence vaccinations have a single thing to do with autism.

That's why i said that i'm quite proud of everyone here!

VACCINATE FOR FUCKS SAKE VACCINATE.

The grandmother of my mother used to eat rotten food because she would't throw it away. She was raised in a diffrent time. At the age she died she was 87. She died in '12 of stomach cancer. Probably because of all the old food she ate...

DO YOU WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO YOUR CHILDREN? CHOOSE WISELY BRUH YOU CAN DO IT! ^^
>>
>>18563339
>i fell for appeal to emotion
The only reason your kid might turn out retarded is because their mother is
>>
>>18563339
Choose vaccines that have been in use for decades. Newer vaccines are more risky because the long term effects aren't studied yet.
>>
>>18563339
>vaccines in use since the early 1900s
>wipe out measles/mumps/rubella in the whole of the country
>wipe out polio in the whole goddamn world
>one crackpot with an axe to grind publishes a bullshit study
>suddenly vaccines cause autism
>people stop vaccinating their children
>autism is still a thing, meanwhile measles and mumps have seen a fucking resurgence as a dangerous communicable disease because so many children aren't vaccinated anymore

How about researching the things these diseases are trying to prevent instead of fake bullshit you read on facebook? You wanna know what happens when you get the measles? How crazy fucking contagious it is?
>>
>>18563376
This.

Anti-vaccinations people are scientifically ignorant and their arguments are objectively retarded. There's literally no evidence supporting their fantasies, in fact there's several studies done in different countries by different research groups and they all found no link at all between autism and vaccinations.
>>
>>18563339
>I was no aware of the controversy causing autism, seizures, etc.
There is no controversy except in the minds of literal retards who do not understand science or logic in general for that matter. Anti-vaxxers are on the same level as people who believe the Earth is flat
>>
damn thanks for all your input anons I am going to have a serious sit down this weekend with her and use these as some talking points
>>
>>18563365
This op dont be a retard
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136032/
http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/10-deadly-myths-about-childhood-vaccines/2/

The guy who said vaccines cause autism is a fraud.

Tell your lady to get off the fucking mommy groups.

And really, would you rather your child die from a deadly, but preventable disease, or my autistic.

Because it sounds like she would rather let your child die.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.