[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age 29, diagnosed with Mouth Cancer, 60% survival rate, how can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 16

Age 29, diagnosed with Mouth Cancer, 60% survival rate, how can I stop my mental state from falling to ruins?
>>
are you going to get treated for it ?
>>
>>18563170

enjoy your self, its later than you think.
>>
File: 1485614649276.jpg (318KB, 1745x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485614649276.jpg
318KB, 1745x1080px
>>18563174
yes, already started therapy. It feels like going to the graveyard everytime i visit the hospital though
>>
File: NqB7hLu.jpg (162KB, 1280x826px) Image search: [Google]
NqB7hLu.jpg
162KB, 1280x826px
>>18563175
my mouth feels like a swamp, i have dizzy headaches (from medication) every 12 hours or so, balding and no erection as a result of anxiety, loss of sleep and apetite.The list of enjoyable activities gets lessen every now and then.
>>
>>18563204

>BUT ITS HARD

work with what you got. flip a coin. if its heads, you live, if its tails, you probably died. thats your life right now.

so either go out and enjoy what you can while you can, or stop complaining.
>>
Test
>>
just enjoy yourself in the best way possible that is all you can hope for , also masturbate more
>>
>>18563210
I get it. Its always hard. Other people have it harder etc. I just luck the motivation and the creativity to do things, but it's not gonna change if I do nothing about it. I get it, still feel so discouraged and angry.
>>
>>18563170

Even if the survival rate is 60% it is probably much higher for people who are 29, 60% would include many of the old people who have a much more likely chance of dying.
>>
>>18563216
Best way possible is always a luxurious dream that brings misery, cause you dream of non obtainable situations
>>
>>18563222
True. Mental factors influence also a part of the therapy, thats why i am trying to discuss about it and feel better. Even with strangers. Even in threads. I've failed to discover it early on though (almost a year and a half), thats why the bigger the risk of mortality.
>>
File: 1500923612328.jpg (127KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1500923612328.jpg
127KB, 1080x1350px
Well probably everyone left, but anyhow thanks for your time and have a good one.
>>
>>18563218

i would too bro i dont blame ya. if you're in LA ill buy you a beer.
>>
File: IMG_4736.jpg (235KB, 1082x1082px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4736.jpg
235KB, 1082x1082px
>>18563261
I am going to have some chemo and probably radio therapy so drinks off for a little while, but thanks for the offer nonetheless!
>>
>>18563170
And this, kids, is why you don't chain suck off large black poz daddies.
>>
>>18563170
you only had like a 1/500,000,000 chance for your sperm to be the one that made it to the egg, and then a really low chance to catch mouth cancer, I think you can handle a 60% survival rate.
>>
>>18563344
yeah, guess I will not do that anymore. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18563354
its a game of statistics and luck. Life is. Its fun and devastating sometimes I guess. That's what's make it so interesting though. I just can't look at the positives, cause all my feelings are over the edge.
>>
>>18563229
Oh you just need something that keeps you entertained for a while that you enjoy just find something please
>>
>>18563356
No problem. We're here to help. I find that strategy a good way to avoid ass cancer too.
>>
>>18563364
I live and love many things. Books, movies, chatting, just can't find 'em fulfilling atm. It's like a void or something weird like that.
>>
>>18563371
actually lol'd thanks for that! I will take it to heart!
>>
>>18563170
Stay strong anon.
>>
File: 1501012546974.jpg (119KB, 640x747px) Image search: [Google]
1501012546974.jpg
119KB, 640x747px
>>18563395
yeah i guess "keeping it real" is the same as every lesson life gives you over its course, else you wouldn't be able to appreciate the positives and learn from the negatives.
>>
File: IMG_2008.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2008.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I got in a motorcycle accident a while back. I almost died, but instead I got to have sex with a hot girl that night. Yeah my arm hurt but whatever, I don't get lucky that often. Guess where I was before 1985? Nowhere. I've been dead before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVnraY8ZDs
>>
>>18563426
Sorry for your accident, or I guess your fortunate accident? You mean to say sometimes you can't have good things if bad things don't happen to you? Realise life cause a near death experience? Not to sound ungrateful but cliche. My opinion is that we shouldn't experience death in order to live again.
>>
You are doing the right thing. Talk to people. I'm Are you will make it through. Here's some happy music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l78VNe_dhAM

>>18563190
>hospital
Just remember they are there to help you
>>
>>18563170
>I stop my mental state from falling to ruins
Try surviving.
>>
>>18563170

If it were me i'd look into painless suicide bro.

Sorry for your troubles. Better to go out on your own terms that let cancer eat you alive.

Pull together some money, go have some fun, and then end it all.
>>
>>18563542
Thanks.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494003238719.jpg (86KB, 957x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494003238719.jpg
86KB, 957x1280px
>>18563561
Is surviving worth it in a life with your fullest. For some i guess it is.
>>
Probably read some philosophy bullshit. If you convince yourself that this is all fine I think it will be good for you. It's that or ugly suffering. I believe suffering is better if it's pretty, as in you have a pretty philosophy about it. I don't know how well this works in the face of death but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>18563899
Too much of a chicken to do something like that , can't say I haven't thought about it though.
>>
File: 1499306035278.png (1002KB, 1080x891px) Image search: [Google]
1499306035278.png
1002KB, 1080x891px
>>18564540
Me neither, but bullshit philosophy doesn't seems so convincing or appealing to me right now
>>
File: frankincense-oil[1].jpg (48KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
frankincense-oil[1].jpg
48KB, 300x465px
Mouth cancer can easily be cured with frankincense essential oil. If I were you I'd stop poising myself with whatever (((conventional medicine))) chemicals and radiation they give you, and gargle water with high concentration of frankincense several times a day, as well as apply it topically to throat and face.

Watch the documentary Truth About Cancer
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=truth+about+cancer

Somewhere in there, not sure if its in the first few episodes the left free on youtube, they give a veteran with brain cancer frankincense and tell him to apply to his tongue and lick the roof of his mouth three times a day. If the cancer is only in your mouth then I'm sure you can eradicate it. I rinse with just 1 or 2 drops of frankincense occasionally for teeth and breath control, and it really permeates, so 10 drops 7 times a day would cure mouth cancer no doubt.
>>
>>18564651
Essential oils is horrible for ingestion. Putting that shit in your mouth means that you're gonna ingest it.
>>
>>18564654
No, you rinse and spit it out. Frankincense is safe to have in your mouth, lots of dentist recommend using it. The variety in the previous pic is the more potent variety, I could only get it online- but if you want to start right away they have this stuff Frankincense Sacra at many health food stores.
>>
>>18564669
Thanks for the suggestion. Gonna watch the videos and ask the pharmacist about it. It doesn't hurt to learn about things.
>>
>>18564651
Are you a fat 40 year old suburban housewife?

Don't listen to this crap OP.
>>
>>18564654
Not that guy but I would trust him based on my own experience with incompetent doctors trying to prescribe me modern medicine that just made me more sick. I've cured many illnesses including UTIs, kidney stones, yeast, sinusitis, etc., using natural remedies that doctors will try to tell you don't work for some stupid ass reason.

I mean if you already are at high risk for dying you may as well try. I've gargled with tea tree oil which you're not supposed to ingest, and it helped with my oral thrush.
>>
>>18564704
Well I don't want to become a lab rat of anything there is out there, many placebo stuff , non medical, I ''ve heard and read already tons of stuff for things like those. Something to pass the time whilst waiting at the hospital right now.
>>
>29

You'll be fine. That 60% rate is heavily skewed because it's mostly older folks that get cancers and their bodies can't tank it.

Remember that even if other people have it worse, your situation still sucks and you don't need to feel bad about feeling bad. Make some friends at chemotherapy. I think you'll find that a lot of other patients do their best to be funny and upbeat as much as possible because it's actually the best way to keep yourself sane. Not everyone is cut out for dealing with the associated anxiety and stress so your best bet is to find a way to cope that suits you.

This too shall pass my nigga.
>>
>>18564715
How about you let the people who studied this shit for a great portion of their life call the shots and not some random person you saw on the internet who's idea of "research" is YouTube videos and reading Essential Oils Weekly.

No doctors aren't perfect and neither is modern medicine, but cancer isn't something you can just dick around about. Follow oilfags advice if it makes you feel better but at the same time think about how fucking dumb it sounds for five seconds.
>>
>>18564718
I know , everyone claims that there is no chance anything will go south. But you know it's always on the back of your head like an itching feeling of an old wound. Yeah, I 've already met a guy with a gaming discord chat. His appearance scared the shit out of me, but he is so upbeat makes me forget the reason and conditions he is suffering.
>>
Maybe I conveyed this wrong cause English is not my native language, what I wanted to say is that I take under recommendation all things but doesn't mean I will follow them
>>
>>18564749
Gotcha, just don't pull a Steve Jobs. You have life to live. When you beat this if you're able take trip somewhere far away and live a little. Good luck brother.
>>
>>18563170
Hope you get better op. My 71yo dad just beat stage 4 lymphoma. Said the worst part is how bad it fucks up your taste buds, mouth and throat. He had to get a feeding tube for a while because of that but he's recovering great now. Stay strong and just keep telling youself you can beat this and then your life can get back to normal. Try to find things to look foreword to so you keep a string will to live.
>>
>>18564735
There is always a chance that things will go south, my dude. The trick is to acknowledge it, make good decisions that lessen your risks (i.e. don't expose yourself to germs after chemotherapy, follow doctors directions, don't lie to them ever, don't take unnecessary risks), and accept the fact that even still, something might go wrong. You were dealt a crappy hand and the only way you do yourself credit is by playing it the best you can. Don't fold before the round is over.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501223763877.jpg (78KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501223763877.jpg
78KB, 1080x1080px
>>18564756
Thanks , love traveling, hope someday visit the States . Pic related its me. Hate the bald stuff, have to wear the cap.
>>
>>18564774
That's sounds awful . I mean my taste is already greatly diminished. Sorry to hear about your dad. I wish him the very best.
>>
>>18564775
It's fucking terrifying sometimes other times it's funny other depressing .having a ton of mood swings. I try to worry about things I can control and leave everything else cause its maddening
>>
>>18564794
That's nice of you. My dad's kind of an ass hole tho, I mean I still love him he's my dad, I'm glad he got better. But he's bipolar and was kind of abusive my whole life. I think him being such a stuber ass hole is actually what helped him live lol. His radiation and chemo target was in his neck on his lymph nod so it really messed up his throat and mouth. Said everything tasted like sand and he couldn't make spit so it was like impossible to swallow. Even with a feeding tube he got down to like 82 lbs. if he could come back and make it from that as an old man you defiantly have a fighting chance. The drug side effects are really hard to deal with, they are truly awful. But just keep reminding youself that once you get better all of that will go away with time. You can do it! I think having a mindset of not giving up really helps
>>
>>18564813
I know what y mean. It feels like a desert in my mouth, everytime I try to swallow it's like choking and feels like puking your guts out. Well thanks for the comment nonetheless, mostly I think It's the irrational thoughts that keep me distressed when loneliness creeps in
>>
>>18564805
I am speaking from experience dude. Two years ago I came a hair's breadth from being dead of both anemia and an itinerant blood clot. I was diagnosed with a rare (1 in a million) blood condition that will need ongoing, regular, hospital-administered treatment for the rest of my life. In a lot of ways I've got it better than you except that there will always be a couple of things that could just up and kill me with little or no warning. I accept those things and I don't let them torture me. The bottom line is that shit happens, and if it kills me then I have done everything I can to avoid it.

Don't let it torture you. Actively choose to live your life as well as you can despite the things that are going wrong.
>>
>>18564830
I'm sorry man, I'd imagine your minds going a crazy with stress from going through all this. I know mine would be. And yes the side effects perticulaly the not being able to swallow/ feeing puky sound really awful. I hope it eases up for you once you finish your round of treatment. My dad said drinking lots of water helped him feel a bit better. Really hope you get better and don't have to go through much more of this. Sorry it happened to you anon
>>
>>18564831
Actively I can only choose only when to end my life (lol'd) but I get what you mean. Sorry about your condition, but you sound a fighter with good self esteem and positive attitude, so thanks for the motiv.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501225876056.jpg (302KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501225876056.jpg
302KB, 1536x2048px
>>18564840
I want to drink water constantly, if I could, with the illusion of removing the dryness from my mouth.a positive side effect though is I am getting a lot of my sisters friend coming over for encouragement (a bit low I know. )
>>
>>18564859
That girl is a top qt holy shit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501226614927.jpg (54KB, 959x968px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501226614927.jpg
54KB, 959x968px
>>18564866
Yeah, no way she will do anything with me , still enjoying the benefits of hugs and occasional kisses (scum I know)
>>
File: IMG_6928.jpg (238KB, 1846x1384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6928.jpg
238KB, 1846x1384px
>>18564859
LQQK at this fsggot.
>>
>>18564932
Don't know why but lol'd with this one
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501229163466.jpg (44KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501229163466.jpg
44KB, 960x720px
Anyway thanks everyone for any comment you made today to keep me company, giving me advice and letting me vent a little. Have a good one from me and my friends +family
>>
are you a heavy smoker?

do they know why you got it? genetics?
>>
>>18563170
What were your specific symptoms like? My oral health has always been kind of poor so I'm a bit worried myself
>>
>>18565046
Mostly genetics, but large alcohol consumption and heavy smoking triggered the cancer cells to mutate and multiply.
>>
>>18565048
Started with pimples and patches in my mouth. Nausea , problem at swallowing, headaches and my gums started swelling. Afterwards loads of pain in the whole oral region with headaches. Physical conditions lead to mental issues at some point I couldn't even eat bite. Whatever you feel check it out immediately but don't panic.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.