[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psych ward stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

hey /adv/ I am in a bad area of my life. to make a long story short, I accidentally let out to my therapist that I have had suicidal thoughts recently. brought on by stress and something triggering child hood trauma.
She didn't immediately admit me the psych ward but it might be a possible outcome.
the thing is I'm terrified of going and I tried looking up positive stories online and didn't come up with much.
so does anyone have positive stories from time spent in the psych ward?
>>
> i told someone i wanted to kill myself
of course their aren't any good stories they keep you drugged out of your mind
>>
>>18563167
You mentioned suicidal thoughts. If she was going to admit you it would have been immediately. I've got patients who cop to suicidal thoughts pretty much every day. If you don't have intent and a plan, if I don't think you're going to die before your next session, you go home. Clearly you convinced her.

I don't think most people realize just how common thoughts, or even vivid fantasies, of suicide are. The reality is that most people have them and the overwhelming majority never act on them. Virtually everyone you meet is here because they made a choice, at some point, not to kill themselves. You're seeking help, you seem to want change.
>>
>>18563199
thanks that makes me feel a lot better
>>
I've been in inpatient six times, OP. I actually do know someone who enjoyed being there and got a lot out of it. I didn't, but I will say that inpatient can hook you up with a social worker (partial hospitalization programs too, if you transition to one afterwards) and that can help you with real-world stuff that might help you feel better.

Say you're living somewhere awful and you think a residential program would be better, or you want to apply for SSI/SSDI, or try something like a DBT program. A competent social worker can help you with that.

As a child abuse survivor, I gotta say though, the wards I've been in have been astoundingly clueless about what that looks like. Across the board they've handed out ativan like candy though, which helps...
>>
>>18564762
Also, I'm sorry you feel awful, OP. I agree that you're probably good if she let you go home.
>>
>>18563167
Hey, /OP/!

I went to a children's psych ward twice (technically three times, but I'll explain). Two of those times I was placed in a fantastic center (despite the therapy being shit, the food being cold, and the fact I was woken up to find doctors drawing blood from my arm once). I was placed on a fuck ton of different SSRI's and they messed up my brain bad. Still, 6/10 experience and would do again if necessary.

The one time I had a bad experience was when I went to a LOCAL psych hospital. I won't go into details, but I was subjected to pretty horrific abuse (albeit not physically, I was lucky).

The biggest thing I can tell you is that you need to have someone on the outside helping and advocating for you. It's crucial to have an individual to rely on. Another thing you should do ASAP is start researching the best psych wards you could get transferred to. Sometimes, you're given an option to choose- be informed!

Overall, you're in for a wild ride but you're not going to die. Life has one ultimate rule- don't fucking kill yourself. It sounds difficult, but it's really not- just don't do shit that hurts your meat self. Every other rule is a reccomendation and you can choose to follow it or not.
>>
>>18564821
>I was woken up to find doctors drawing blood from my arm once

This happened to you, too? My first night in a ward when I was 16, I woke up to three burly dudes holding me down while they dug around in my elbows and hands for a vein.
>>
>>18564833
Yeah, shit sucked! I was completely off guard, but they're pretty smart for doing it that way. Just a little fucked for it, too.
>>
>>18563167
>She
If you are a male stop going to female therapist. They are not equipped to help you and like any woman pick and pick to uncover your weaknesses
>>
>>18563173
just to clarify. I am not have thoughts like, "I should kill myself," but more like "if you kill yourself then no one can do that to you again." I don't want to die
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.