[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51KB, 657x527px
Hey advice i have this thing where every know and again I'll think of something or look at something and it'll take me to a cringey/depressing/sad/etc. time in my life and I'll have to snap out of it or I'll start repeating it over orally to my self out loud. Any way to help this or cure it? Also btw it doesn't make it suicidal or anything I just have to tell myself to quit it.
>>
That's called rumination lad.

Meditate until it goes away. It will teach you to live in the present moment instead of constantly replaying old events.
>>
>>18563133
Thank you kind sir I thought I was losing my mind
>>
>>18563031

telling my self 'stop tihinking about that' out loud helps. then i put on a fun song, bon jovi usually.

also try some mindful / guided meditation for dealing with issues.
>>
>>18563031
Some meditate, and some learn to forgive themselves. Next time that comes up in your mind repeat "I forgive you", the word "you" referring to yourself of course, until it fades away. Be sincere of course, and genuinely try to forgive yourself as you might forgive a friend. Treat yourself like a friend because you've got to be with yourself as long as you live so you could at least try to accept yourself.

A lot of it is about perspective. Hopefully this made sense.
>>
>>18563273
This might help: https://youtu.be/LoIn4cI2ZfE
>>
>>18563031
I feel you anon.

I act like a crazy person. I call myself stupid and hit my head and tell myself to stop. (Usually where no one can see me.) I cringe. I used to hit myself harder or hit my knuckles on things to stop the feels.

If it's bad maybe try seeing a therapist/psychologist
>>
this is happening because you aren't creating new memories. You aren't doing anything with your life. So you have to be more outgoing and create some new memories to overwrite the old ones.
>>
oh yeah you could simply think u a list of all the good things that have happened in your life, all your victories, and simply think about them all the time, to make yourself feel better - positive thinking, you know?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.