[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about a girl (and she's super depressed)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

There's this girl I know. Met each other on Steam through mutual games. We live in the same country, share the same interests, blah blah blah pretty much the typical sort of lovey dovey stuff you'd get from a post like this.

The difference is she's incredibly depressed. Like depressed beyond belief. I try to help her where possible and it cheers her up but I don't think it's enough, and she's relapsing into suicidal thoughts. She feels really worthless and like she doesn't matter. She really devalues and undersells herself. I try to create positive reinforcement where possible but I think that's starting to become less effective.

She's a really beautiful person. I'm almost lost for words when it comes to describing her. The truth is, as you can imagine, I love her. Legit.

And here's my predicatment. I've had this fear where if I told her how I felt it might make things super awkward (she's an introvert). She's an amazing friend and I wouldn't want to lose that. But I can't help but feel like I'm being selfish and failing her by not being open, just because I'm too scared of losing her as a friend. I don't know if she feels the same way, and yeah I don't know if telling her I love her would make her feel valued or just make things awkward.

And I'm just terrified of the worst case scenario where things get really bad and I'll never be able to tell her anything ever again.
>>
>>18562958
Anon are you sure it isn't one of those steam sluts? Like she's not asking you to buy her things off her amazon wish list, gifting her games, helping pay her rent and other shit like that. If she's not and she never mentions stuff like that keep in mind she may have other orbiters like you. Maybe suggest a day where you two can see eachother. Like a month away so you have enough time to get on the keto diet and get /fit/ if you're not already. Plan out a fun day for the 2 of you. Dave and busters maybe a festival or some event going down. Try to give her the best day she can to keep her motivated to stay alive
>>
>>18562958
Sounds like a oneway relationship to me.
When you do finally work up the nerve heres your answer

>i really like you anon. But i have shit going on that a wouldnt want to burden you with
>>
>>18562981
I'm pretty sure she's not one of those steam sluts. I did actually buy her a game to cheer her up one but she insisted that I didn't need to give her gifts. She's not the kind of person to have orbiters and we talk very frequently and intimately (more than even her RL friends).

I've already been hitting the gym for months so dw about that.

Meeting up in the near future might be happening since she wants to try acid and I offered to trip sit (she'll be paying for the tab ofc). Generally yeah, I want to try and give her an amazing day just so she can feel special and feel motivated to stay alive.
>>
>>18562987
Our exchanges are mutual. We both contribute equally to our conversations and it's not always me who starts them up first, she tends to reach out to me a lot. We both talk about our own respective problems, although I've got my stuff more in check.

I think your suggested answer is... an interesting prediction. I can sort of imagine her saying it even.
>>
>>18562991
How far away are you guys from eachother? Like hours wise? if 2 hours or under I suggest you go see her asap. Not just to try acid. To talk, get ice cream. Check out a fun movie. Maybe get a little drunk. Have you seen eachother? Like a selfie?
>>
>>18563055
It's something like 3 or 4 hours by train. I've also got lots of mates on the route so I can see them on the way back if I ever went up.
>>
>>18563061
Have you seen what she looks like? Does she know what you look like? How was her reaction to you if she has seen you? Have you video called her? Or at least called her? Do you have her phone number? As for would it be awkward if you admit your feelings yes and no. If you just tell her in the middle of a normal convo then no that odd. But if you're getting really personal and she's talking about how she feels like shit that's when you tell her that you love her. That she's not worthless and that she means a lot to you. And your want to be with her. You're Europeans, right?
>>
>>18563083
We don't /entirely/ know what each other look like although we share images of or describe bits about each other. Honestly I've not been forward about it because I haven't wanted to be rude or demanding. She is definitely female though that is assured.

I've just given her my number and told her to phone me if she gets distressed.

Yeah we're Europeans.
>>
> inb4 she's 12
>>
>>18562958
>typical sort of lovey dovey stuff you'd get from a post like this.
Have you ever met? you don't mention ever meeting.

Regardless of your imaginary relationship with a guy from the internet, if they are depressed, sending nice messages and playing vidya won't fix things, they need proffesional help, no amount of smileys and <3's will fix depression and suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>18563150
I've suggested therapy but also cautioned that it's not always effective.
>>
don't do it. Her depression will eat you alive
>>
>>18563135
Go a visit her anon.
>>
>>18562958
What's her steam name? I'll gift her something :^)
>>
>>18562991
>taking acid while you're depressed
Is she retarded?
>>
>>18562958

Every girl ends up being like this at one point or another. A lot of it is their own particular value on life and what matters to them, and there's little you can do to change it without either being close enough and trusted/respected enough to dictate and/or give enough advice for her to change, or ejaculate $200,000 right inside of her. Either of those usually works.

I wish you the best of luck though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.