[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Job Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: thinkingemojisquashed.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingemojisquashed.png
175KB, 600x600px
Hey /adv/. I need some help here.
I just picked up two part time jobs in order to get some steady income and crawl my way out of NEET-dom.
I enjoy one of them immensely. I mainly unload freight trucks, organize stock in the back warehouse room, and stock shelves / manage product. It's perfect because I don't have to deal with customers that often, which is a skill I do not possess. I can deal with people under any other circumstances, but for some reason it is extremely difficult for me to deal with customers in the service industry. Especially when it is a fast paced environment and I'm on a register with ten other people lined up to order. I tend to make mistakes and panic.
Unfortunately, that is exactly what I do at my other job. I've only been at this restaurant for a week but already I get the feeling my co-workers don't like me (I've heard them talk behind my back and crack jokes about me), I'm bad at working the register (not really a surprise), and I'm sensing an immediate termination of my employment coming soon.
At the stocking / freight job, everyone is extremely friendly and of course we make jokes about each other, but they're all in good nature. However, I don't get many hours at the stocking / freight job. They've talked about giving me more hours though because they've been saying I'm excellent at the job, especially considering it's my first job.
But I don't want to stick around this restaurant. It stresses me out just getting close to it. I get bad vibes from that place. Everyone there is not chill at all. I've already begun seeking a new job to fill its place, and I've already set up an interview and applied to multiple other places who need stockers and freight people (since now I know that I'm good at that).
Should I just quit this restaurant job right now? I'm obviously not cut out for fast paced work in the food service industry, and it seems like I'm just wasting everyone's time by working there.
>>
>>18562658
If you only got the jobs for the income and have no ties to it otherwise and you feel it's causing more misery than the income it provides is compensating for then yeah you should leave it, especially if it means freeing up more hours to work a job you enjoy.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.