[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I feel emotions ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1499283639563.jpg (779KB, 2048x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1499283639563.jpg
779KB, 2048x1357px
I feel like I'm depersonalized nothing feels real, I feel like I'm in some sort of dream and it's hard for me to feel any sort of empathy or emotion for people around me Is there a way to fix any of this besides medicine ? I haven't told a doctor because I'm afraid I'll have to go to therapy
(Pic unrelated)
>>
shit man, if it's that bad then go to a doctor.
>>
>>18562315
It's not very serious but it's something I'd like to stop feeling
>>
>>18562287
by stop watching Dexter and thinking that you are him
>>
>>18562287

Find something to motivate you, new hobby, new job, a girlfriend/boyfriend etc.
>>
>>18562976
But how would having a girlfriend help if we cannot connect on an emotional level
>>
>>18562287
doctor.
now.
>>
>>18564023
What could the doctor possibly do aside from prescribing pills
>>
>>18562287
I know the feel Anon

Honestly what helps me the best is to get on the floor. Its fucking stupid, I know, but it works

has everything gone to shit? the floor still got you

no matter what happens, you still got your feet on the ground. And sometimes, that's just enough
>>
>>18562287
therapy can help you with this. if you don't want to do what is most likely to help, then suffer.
>>
>>18564249
The thought of therapy freaks me out
>>
My symptoms are
>no emotion
>rock back and forth
>social anxiety
>health anxiety

I'm worried none of this is real ! I'm afraid of being schizoid but what if I'm having another health anxiety issue
>>
>>18564436
my parents love me but I just feel a sense of depression that shouldn't be there
>>
i feel like i feel feelings but don't express them
Ive become extremely stoic over the years and don't know how to stop it
>>
File: 1494896497578.jpg (10KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494896497578.jpg
10KB, 267x200px
In my experience, depression was sort of a mental high jacking in which certain events could set me down a rapid decline into ruminating on all kinds of negative ideas. There's a split between your subconscious mind and your conscious mind, and your subconscious is definitely much more influential. So you're held hostage in your own mind. When I was in that mood, it was like I was walking around in a haze. A dream. Nothing was real.

So, I'd sleep it off. Strangely enough, I have difficulty sleeping normally, but I found myself cozily dozing off in the midst of an existential crisis quite often. That did lead to me sleeping upwards of 14 hours per day, but I'd wake up feeling a little more sober of mind.

So that's what I'd recommend if you're feeling like you have "moods".

On the other hand, here's what I'd advise if you're just feeling incapable of expressing yourself. Do you have any kind of mental barrier against it? What I've found is that people who struggle with expressing emotion usually have some kind of stigma in their life which oppresses them. Something like, "In order to be strong, I have to be in control at all times"? Do you not express any emotions at all or are there only a select group that you don't express?

For instance, if you express common emotions like joy and excitement, but not any negative emotions, you might have a tough guy complex. Give me the details, anon.
>>
>>18564277
>the thought of therapy freaks me out
sounds white. it's obviously not bad enough or you would be seeking help
>>
>>18562287
>Go out for a run
>hates running
>5 mins later, out of breath, panting.
>"I HATE THIS!"
>Emotion: Hate

Problem solved.
>>
I think this is more of an anxiety symptom than a depression symptom. I'm still not so sure, but I used to be pretty badly derealized for a few years, and thought I was depressed because I didn't do anything and couldn't bring myself too, and felt like shit. For me it's been helpful to realize this state is a type of anxiety, not depression, and to treat it appropriately.

For me, I've always been obsessive (OCD as a kid, obsessive in general), and the derealization seemed to manifest itself as a doubt about everything that couldn't be defeated, to the point that I wouldn't really relate to my environment as something real. It's a hard thing to talk about though, because any self reflection I had at the time felt tentative. It's a lot of time lost.

It also seemed to coincide with when I first started taking anti depressants. Weed doesn't help either. Maybe stop doing any drugs (you know, after talking to therapist, if applicable). It also relates to social isolation. Live with someone who isn't familiar as wallpaper (family) if you can, or do whatever else would force you to interact.

Also, maybe you relate to the detached idea that you never really know your intentions or whether you're "faking" it or not. Well, it obviously isn't cool to have a mental issue. I think it's important to internalize this and develop other values and goals to replace the ????????. It'll become clear that this problem is outside of you, and a problem, but it'll become more concrete and manageable this way.
>>
Stop smoking weed and drinking. Sleep normal hours. Drink the amount of water you're supposed to in a day... it's a lot more than u probably think.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.