[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weightlifting is hard, man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: img0289.png (411KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
img0289.png
411KB, 400x524px
I want to lose weight and overall feel better. My priority for exercise is:
Confidence > Looks > Strength

I've been doing C25k for a while and I feel great running, it's fun for me because it's barely 30 min, I have a park right next to my home and I can listen to music. Sure I go kinda slow and it gets hard but it's bearable.

I've been looking into weightlifting routines tho, to get into it after I get the handle fo running 5k and it isn't too hard, so I can do a week of 3 cardio days and 3 weightlifting day.

But weightlifting looks so fucking complicated. I'm reading routine guides, lots of concepts I don't understand at all, months ago I tried the compound lifts but my posture was shit and ended up hurting my back, everybody shits every routine and there isn't a consensus in which is the best for beginners...

I don't know if I should do Starting Strength, Strong Lifts 5x5, SkullGrey LP, 5/3/1 for Beginners, GZCLP or what the flying fuck. And anyway I'm scared that I won't be able to fix my technique and just fuck my body immensely again.

Any advice? I'd like to keep it as minimalist as possible...
>>
File: 1400072164496.jpg (251KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1400072164496.jpg
251KB, 1920x1200px
Go to /fit/ no one here cares.
Also if you think lifting is hard and want to get abs for the least amount of work possible then you WILL fail. We don't lift to be confident or happy, we lift because we must.
>>
> weightlifting to lose weight
Why?
Do body weight exercises and calisthenics along with your running routine, and work on overall flexibility. You'll get stronger, leaner, and have better endurance.
>>
>>18561443
Read Starting Strength, the book.
Since you aren't all that interested in getting stronger, your best plan is to do the SS routine anyway, but once you finish it (4-6 months) move on to a PPL.
For strength you'd move to the Texas Method for a while, and then to a TM-based PPL or UL split, but for you it will be easier to skip the base TM.
>>
>>18561443
It's not that complicated once you get started. Any of those routines are fine although I'm not sure if I'd start with 5/3/1 if your goal is weight loss. A lot of beginner routines actually want you to bulk and pack on as much muscle as possible since that's easier to do early on. I started with skullgrey lp of I remember correctly.

Once you picked a routine you like, just stick with it. If you need any guides on the form behind the lifts, then just Google it. There's tons of websites with guides and a lot on YouTube. Start light and slow and make sure you focus on form early on. Trust me, it's worth it.

More so than lifting and running, make sure your diet is in order
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.