[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my wife to sign a prenup without making it feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

How do I get my wife to sign a prenup without making it feel like I don't trust her or sounding like a dick?
>>
Whoops, I meant fiance.
>>
>>18561052
Try and see things from her point of view. I get that prenups are practical and a good way to save your ass from getting fucked in case of a divorce, but prenups also say "I'm worried you're a bitch who is unable to respectfully and fairly split up, so I'm going to protect myself from you possibly doing that to me. By the way I love you!"
>>
>>18561052
You really can't unless she happens to be a logic-centered woman that would accept the argument of smart fiscal sense. Any emotion-centered woman, unless she's been screwed herself by not having a prenup, will likely see a prenup as exactly what you think it'll be seen as.

There's a slim chance she's just laidback enough to go with whatever you say because fuck it, she really wants to marry you, but I'd say that's pretty much nil.
>>
>>18561052
Prenups don't equate to shit in the long run with courts so don't get your hopes too high on it. When you divorce she can still take well over half the stuff you bought and own.

If you want to protect your stuff, don't get married. Just have accidentally get her pregnant and live with her after she births it.
>>
>>18561052
What do you have to protect?
A prenup is rairly tje best vehicle for protecting assets.

You should visit a divorce lawyer. Pre marriage. I k ow it sounds crazy, but they can really help you to protect yourself before things have a chance to go south.

You should also visit pre marriage counseling and a financial councillor .
>>
>>18561052
Have the prenup grant her a respectable amount of your wealth to help her rebuild her life if things fall apart. Often those prenups try to deny the partner even a red cent. You have to show that although you are protecting your wealth, you love her enough to help her get back on her feet if things don't work out while not thinking she deserves 50%. Also if you aren't making that much money, and she works too, you're a doofus for getting a prenup. My bro wanted to get one and he makes 60k and his gal makes 40k. Fucking laughable
>>
Have her take a few shots of vodka first
>>
>>18561052
If you cant trust your future wife why are you marrying her in the first place? And prenups are thrown out of window all the time when divorce happen.
>>
>>18561067
If she isn't an oversensitive idiot she could try to see things from his point of view and look at the factual numbers behind divorce and try to understand why HE'S concerned.

Oh but wait, she's a woman. Of course she can't be reasonable, everything is always about her and doing whatever she wants.
>>
Try talking to her about your concerns and find an agreement.

Remember to be fair.
Focus on things like keeping the assets you had before marriage.

You could discuss a more fair distribution of what you got after marriage.
If you want a housewife, you should be responsible of her even after you split up. Agree on giving her enough money to restart her life in case you split up, or to support her for a certain amount of time after.
If she still has a job but you make significantly more than her, maybe agree to split what you earn after marriage in a way that is more representative of what you actually earn.
If you both work an make nearly the same, don't bother with it.
>>
>>18561052
>without making it feel like I don't trust her
But you don't trust her.
>>
>>18561052
Here's the only bit of marriage advice you'll ever need.

Don't get married.
>>
>>18562492
You sound like you know a lot about this.

If prenups won't really protect your assets, what will?
>>
>>18561052
Don't listen to all these preteen "love conquers all" bullshit wanting a prenup is completely sensible.

Just sit her down and list out why you want a prenup just say realistically if anything tragic happens I'd like to have a backup plan. Make sure to be clear it's not anything emotionally motivated but purely out of logic.
>>
>>18562605
>women
>understanding logic
>>
>>18562582
I'm not that guy, but nothing will protect your marital assets (that is, assets acquired during the marriage), prenup or no prenup. If you try to hide your assets, and you get divorced and they find out about them, you'll get fucked far worse.
>>
>>18562653
Not true. There are ways. But a prenump isnt one.

Divorce laws very greatly state to state. That is why you should talk to a local lawyer.

I have my house and ore marital properties ( i own 6 apartment building)

In a domestic asset protection trust.

It is a complex trust vehicle that acts like an irrevocable trust, but that i sill have control over the assets.

Note this would not protect assets acquired post wedding.
Any assets aquired post wedding are fair game.

But once again. Talk to a divorce lawyer. The 3-10k it may cost up front will save you 60k if you get divorced.

More importantly you can work stuff out lile custody, and mediation long before the divorce.

50%+ end in divorce.
Protect your self.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.