[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical specialty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: _4061457_orig.jpg (249KB, 1100x617px) Image search: [Google]
_4061457_orig.jpg
249KB, 1100x617px
Hello doctors of /adv/

Do you have any advice for someone that wants to choose neurosurgery?

What are the cons/pros of said specialty?
>>
Medfag here.

Pros:
- It's awesome
- Very high paying
- You get to feel like god
- You can do regular neurology appointments, read complex exams and do many brain surgeries.

Cons:
- Highly demanding
- Ultra high effort
- Tiring life. Some surgeries last more than 7 hours. Not much time left to enjoy your money.
- Hard to get in. Hard to work your way through greatness.
- Highly stressful.
>>
>>18560565
>Do you have any advice for someone that wants to choose neurosurgery?

>asks advice on 4chan

TRUST me OP, neurosurgery is not for you
>>
>>18560671

OP here, thank you for your input!
>>
>>18560681
But don't take my word as the ultimate truth. I'm probably biased since I'm from a third world country where medicine doesn't really work as it should, and I'll apply for Ophtalmology next year. You can imagine my love for stressful situations and long surgeries.
>>
>>18560800

I know, that's why I like to gather data and different opinions. But still, every input is appreciated.
>>
Not OK but would like to know if going the premed route is optimal in today's world and what the outlook is for physicians in general. I would want to go into either dermatology or plastics.
>>
>>18560565
You make your living with your hands. If you accidentally shut your shit in a car door too hard, you're going to hinder your ability to conduct this delicate and dangerous sort of surgery. Possibly end it. I imagine malpractice rates are higher for neurosurgeons, but you'll be making money hand over fist if you can do it without killing anyone. It's going to be super stressful, you'll probably have unreasonable hours at some point, possibly for long periods of time. Surgeries take hours to complete. That's you, standing over a warm body, doing tiny repetitive actions over and over for hooouuuurrrssssss. If any of this sounds dealbreaking, do something easier.
>>
>>18560565
Pros:
-Money

Cons:
-Suicide

Not joking if you think I am.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.