[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3239.png (639KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3239.png
639KB, 750x1334px
Can the landlord shut off my electricity and gas ?
I paid 550 cash on the 13, moved in on the 16. The landlord didn t have a contact but was asking 500 for the deposit. We planned on paying the deposit but found a better place a week later so we decided that we weren t going to pay the deposit and that we would move out before we completed a month here, the landlord said that was fine. It s the 25th and the landlord is saying she will cut the electricity and gas if she doesn t get her deposit money. Can she do that? This is in California.
>>
>>18560277
> deposit
Anon you get the deposit beck when you leave so just give it to her
> and yes she can
>>
>>18560281
But there was never a contract ? Also the light and gas are already on my name but we are going to be leaving in less than a week. Another question, what can she do legally ? Can she evict us only 13 days into renting ? We have her the months rent already and tanks for the response!
>>
I doubt it but haven't lived in California.
>>
>>18560303
If she owns the property she can has water , gas , electrical cut off since it is her property even if it's on your name , legally she can probably try to take you to small claims court but that will be a hassle at the end o the day they will probably throw the care out as there was never a formal contract just word of mouth and you + gf vs someone. Word do the math.
>>
>>18560314
>If she owns the property she can has water , gas , electrical cut off since it is her property even if it's on your name
probably not, no
> legally she can probably try to take you to small claims court but that will be a hassle at the end o the day they will probably throw the care out as there was never a formal contract just word of mouth and you + gf vs someone.
that part is right
>>
>>18560281
You don't always get your deposit back. Most of the time it's used to get the place ready after you move out for things like cleaning the carpet and anything else. Out of the 8 places I've rented I never got a deposit back.
>>
>>18560340
Did you ever pay more that 600$ per month in rent ?
>>
>>18560277
Coming from the son of a relator, she can keep your deposit. I am unsure how Cali law is but in Ohio the landlord cannot cut power, gas, or water if it's in you're name. Best of luck Anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.