[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bored with everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492533190351.jpg (2MB, 3604x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1492533190351.jpg
2MB, 3604x2080px
What's it mean when you've lost interest in everything that gave you excitement before?

I used to play video games all the time, but now I'm bored after 15 minutes. TV also bores me. Reading is still pretty interesting, but only certain books, and only for a certain amount of time.

I used to always be on the grind and have three women in my life at once, constantly rotating out and in, but now I am bored with women and dislike them. I've settled with one girl who I honestly do love, but I've only settled because dating started to bore me.

I loved my job (software developer) for a long time, but I'm not bored with it as well. I've mentally checked out of it, even though everyone keeps telling me what a great job I'm doing.

I also feel incredibly fucking restless. Sometimes I just pace around the first floor of my house alone and in the dark, just walking. I don't want to do anything, everything sounds like an incredible chore, but I'm also extremely restless. What's wrong with me?
>>
>>18560170
why are you bumping my thread...? do you feel the same way?
>>
Your situation isn't to isolated anon , what I recommend is you find a hoobby you enjoy I personally like woodworking it gives me intense joy to craft something from a chunk of old wood ,but that's me once I found my hobby things generally got better I started enjoying things again making more jokes , working harder etc , you need to find yourself a good hobby and see what it does for you just make sure it gives you joy when your doing it or their is no point.
>>
>>18560186
hmm that's good advice. the best night I've had this week was sitting back and putting together a dresser from IKEA. it was nice funneling effort into something and having an actual thing to show for it when I was done. software is such a 'soft' job in that you can't physically see or touch the outcome of your labor. makes me feel disconnected sometimes.

I've been thinking about taking up circuitry and electronics via little hobby computers like the Arduino and Raspberry Pi. It's just hard to come up with project ideas. That's always been my problem. Even if I had a hobby like woodworking, I'd have no idea what to make. I guess I really do need a lot of furniture since I bought a house and never furnished it, but going from zero to crafting all of your own furniture is a pretty damn big step. No idea what to do in order to go from zero to producing useful things.

On the plus side, I'm working out a lot more, out of boredom, and losing weight. I'm not too big though. If I lost 20 pounds, I'd be at my ideal weight.
>>
>>18560167
Oh shit, I meant to say "I'm NOW bored with [my job] as well"
>>
>>18560167
thats where drugs and alcohol come in
>>
I feel the same way bro
>>
>>18560167
that's the true definition of depression, not "feeling sad"
>>
>>18560451
What can I do about it besides eating pills? I already have a loving girlfriend who gives me as much sex as I want (frankly more than I want) and I exercise almost every day. What else can I do?
>>
>>18560558
Depression is a chemical imbalance. Talk to a doctor. A real one. Don't blame yourself or others.
>>
>>18560572
I know it's a chemical thing, but daily activities and actions impact brain chemistry. Are there really no other things I can personally change in my life to help my brain balance out?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.