[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it actually like to work at Mcdonald's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Mcdonalds.png (290KB, 749x328px) Image search: [Google]
Mcdonalds.png
290KB, 749x328px
What's it actually like to work at Mcdonald's?
>>
Its a job. Take it.
Seriously, you're never too good for a job.

But to answer your question, its meh.

Long shifts. Nothing more than taking orders, bringing out food.
Making food is easy as fuck, put ingredients into machine, ta dah.
Behind the scenes shit like take out trash, restock ketchup, clean bathrooms.
Bunch of high schoolers, degenerates, and niggers. Lots of niggers.
>>
>>18560136
So, you are asking this because you're actually thinking of working in a McDonald's? Nice.
>>
>>18560146
Better than living with your parents as a neet till your 30
>>
>>18560144
>Seriously, you're never too good for a job.

False. I've never worked for under twice minimum wage because I have basic skills with computers. I would never work at a McDonalds.
>>
It's a good first job. Probably the easiest job in the world. Everyone I work with is cool and funny. I actually enjoy working there
>>
>>18560166
I think the better way of phrasing would be that you're never too good for a job if you have no other prospects.
>>
>>18560144
>>18560178
I don't know, it's just that every time I go there, I get the sense that something gross is going on behind the scenes. And all the employees look dead inside. Monotone on the Drive-thru too.
>>
>>18560136
It's easy, repetitive and everyone can do it. It's okay if you don't have to do the dirty shit and you don't work there for too long. That shit kills the souls of all but the most optimistic people after a year or a few.
>>
>>18560189
All shit-tier jobs get monotonous and soul crushing eventually. Nothing gross should be going on if the store manager is at all competent.
>>
>>18560206
>>18560208
What would you recommend as far as fast food goes? There's also a Chick-fil-a nearby.
>>
>>18560229
In my experience, Chick-fil-a workers seem happier. Dunno why.

If you're just starting out, try retail.
Nothing gross, its just clothes.
You get to talk to customers.
Hotter customers/coworkers.
"cooler" job then saying you work at McDs
>>
>>18560229
Subway is 10/10 in my experience they just treat you right
>>
>>18560229
Getting Sundays off at Chick-fil-a sounds pretty good.
>>
>>18560229
I work at a regional pizza place and it's great
>>
>>18560235
What's it like working there? There's multiple Subways in walking distance from where I live, is there a huge amount of difference in quality between stores?
>>
>>18560289
You never work with more than 1 person so it's good with that , starting pay for me was 8.50$ so eh , quality does differ from store to store but only slightly.
>>
My first job was Chick-fil-A. I was there for 3.5 years, wasn't bad for a first job
>>
>>18560306
>>18560364
Deciding between either Subway or Chick-fil-A. Subway sounds nice and relaxing, but I've heard better things about Chick-fil-A. It sounds fun, but it seems like it could get extremely exhausting considering how busy it is all the time.
>>
>>18560404

Why don't you just apply for all of the places listed in this thread and then decided based off where you get job offers?
>>
>>18560471
Probably the most realistic advice
>>
>>18560166
>I have basic skills with computers
what jobs can I go for and how did you come about said jobs?
>>
>>18560484
I'm assuming your wanting to get into IT. Apply for help desk positions. Work your way up. If you're having trouble getting a position buy a A+, N+ (or torrent or just find free resources) book and study guide. Spend a month or two studying it and take your test to get your certificate. Get a cheap tower build a home server, run Linux on a VM, set up your network at home, etc etc. Get comfortable talking about these concepts.

If you have even more time I'd suggest you just go get at minimum an associates in IT. Having a degree makes it much easier to get past HR for an interview and makes your more qualified for management positions later in your career. Two years isn't too long and if your school is worth its salt they'll have you test for the certificates I mentioned above.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.