[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No money for college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: chairslump.jpg (34KB, 372x470px) Image search: [Google]
chairslump.jpg
34KB, 372x470px
Long story short, I fucked up. I'm about to start a 4-year undergrad degree in August, but I don't have any money, and my FAFSA isn't verified yet. In fact, the verification process hasn't even started, and that takes 3-4 weeks generally. The thing is, I have $2600 due on August 14th. Even if I get the process started, I won't have it ready in time.

What do I do now? Apply for private loans? I honestly don't know what to do.
>>
>>18559924
Sounds like something to go in and sit down IN PERSON (not a call for something this urgent) with a financial aide worker and talk about what you can/need to do.

Why are you going to a 4-year if you can't afford it anyway? You sound like you ought to do 2 years at a community college first if your situation is that bad.
>>
>>18559924
>going to college
>no money

Don't waste your time unless you're extremely gifted. Go to a cheap ass tech school instead. Also how the fuck did you wait this long to do FAFSA? I did that shit like 5 months ago.
>>
>>18559980
This or online college same shit just a lot harder
>>
>>18559962
>>18559980
It's a good school, and my degree (Electrical Engineering) will be good in paying off the debt. My worry is just getting the money right now, since I only have 19 days to get the first payment out of the way. It's really not feasible to go there right now, since the only car I have access to broke down last time. I'm hoping a phone call will suffice, since I can't afford to spend $80 on another taxi.

My itinerary is:
1) Get all the components for FAFSA verification ASAP
2) Call the financial aid office at the school tomorrow and tell them my situation
3) If nothing else, pray that they can verify it in time for me to get some federal loans

Does that sound right?
>>
>>18559924
Isn't FAFSA applications for the following year due at like March? I don't know the details of your situation but I go to a UC and there's few more deadlines for financial aid like calgrant, and these take a long time to process so you might have to take a loan for the next quarter.

If by needing 'verification' you've already completed everything for your application on time, but FAFSA hasn't sent anything to financial aid office to have them distribute your aid, then that happens every now and then.
I remember a friend who went through that and he ended up getting his financial aid halfway through the semester.
>>
>>18559924
skip the fall semester and go in spring you dingus.
>>
>>18560075
No, I mean that my college received the FAFSA app, but they needed me to verify a few things about my tax status. Assuming I can get all the documents in within a couple of days (should be likely), I should be able to get the money in from loans so I don't get my schedule cancelled.

The question is, how long does it take after the FAFSA's done processing for loans and scholarships to be distributed? Is it instant, or is there a waiting period?
>>
>>18560097
Oh, well it doesn't sound as bad as you make it in the OP.

From what you're saying, it sounds like this verification is being done by uni's financial office rather than the actual FAFSA. I've had these type of situation with financial aid office before, and they usually take about few days(if they need another organization to verify the documents, it could take up to 2 weeks). So I'm pretty sure you can make it before the deadline.
When did they ask you to bring the documents? I'm sure they were taking the delay for verification into account when they asked you for paperworks.

Also, financial aid usually have a set distribution date few weeks before the school starts. If your FAFSA gets processed after this date, they just give it to you as soon as it's done.
>>
>>18560141
They didn't ask for a specific date, just posted the requirements a few days after I submitted the FAFSA. Considering the verification hold-up was only to make sense of a discrepancy between my parents' marital status, I don't think that would add too much time to the wait.
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>18559924

>coming to /adv/
>to ask a question
>suited for the finaid office of your university

Why are you nancy queers so fucking autistic?
>>
>>18560253
Their office closes at 5 P.M.. Might as well ask about it here for maximum information.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.