[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I got a job offer today. Should I take it? The reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: S4L3yV2[1].jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
S4L3yV2[1].jpg
40KB, 500x281px
Hey /adv/, I got a job offer today. Should I take it?

The reason I ask might sound ungrateful, but it is somewhat suspect to me because it seemed WAY too easy. I applied on Indeed, so the "application" was just resume/cover letter (along with basic info), and the only contact I had was a phone interview that was fairly softball and easy. I "prepped" for like 10 minutes the day before and apparently did "great". No reference checks or anything. I got the offer via email later that day.

The pay also seemed pretty low, but the cost of living for the area is pretty low too. I don't know if I should accept it unconditionally, try to get more money, or get the hell out of dodge.
>>
>>18559885
Need many more details if you want quality advice.
>>
>>18559899
This. What's the job, for starters?
>>
>>18559899
>>18559905
Paraprofessional at a private school. Basically a special ed aide.

I have a degree and relevant experience, but still, going from interview to offer in the same day seems very fast.
>>
>>18559911
That sounds like something that would have a quick staff turnover for, and given the time of year, they're probably desperate to fill the role.
>>
>>18559932
>>18559911
Agree. You should take it.
>>
>>18559932
>>18559949
The last thing that really makes me unsure is no fault of the job itself directly, but it's in a new city I'd have to move to. Basically, if this falls through instantly, I'm stuck for a while because the only places I can find have a 12 month lease.
>>
>>18559969
If it's an inner city school or has a high minority population, you might want to skip it and try to find something a bit better.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.