[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kinda Pissed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 41VgxfCVJOL.jpg (32KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
32KB, 500x315px
So I am looking to get a credit card and I heard the amazon prime credit card is easy to get and good to have. I applied in the forms and they asked if I own or rent??? So I clicked other since I live at home and it made me click monthly house payments so I put 0. I filled the rest out with annual gross for 10k since i just have a normal shit job and I got instantly declined. It said that Chase will inform me in 30 days with the reason why. How the fuck am I suppose to get a credit card if I dont own or rent a home and make about 10k I want to start building up my credit.
>>
>>18558601
Get a line of credit through your bank/credit union. They'll be happy to give it to you and you can use that to build up credit easily.
>>
Credit is a meme. You do not need nor should you strive to get it. Those who are credit worthy are those that pay in cash. Being credit worthy means that people and businesses trust that you will pay, and are happy to give you a bill. Having a credit card is having a middle man who is credit worthy that will charge you interest and sue you for non-payment in the end.
>>
>>18558601
If you make 10k a year, you shouldn't own a credit card.
>>
>>18558670
>You do not need nor should you strive to get it.
You do need it if you ever plan on getting a loan for anything like a car or house.
>>
>>18558986
Might as well start now. It'll all add up for a credit score over time.

>>18558991
Yea thats why I want one. Not to get shit now or spend stupidly but to build towards a future.
>>
>>18558995
I know a lot of people who got one for the same reason, "to build credit" early, and ended up with crippling credit card debt well into their 20s because some bad situation came up and they solved it with their credit card. It's too easy to abuse if something big comes up unexpectedly. I'd advise against it.

I'm 30 now, never had a credit card until I turned 26 and was making close to six figs. Never had problems with low credit. Renting a place and paying all my bills and student loans on time gave me enough credit. Now my credit is 810.
>>
>>18559145
Oh, and I still never actually use my credit card. Thinking about canceling it. Having a large amount of debt right at your fingertips sounds pretty foolish, doesn't it? I have 5 grand set aside in an emergency fund. Way better than a credit card.
>>
The Amazon Prime CREDIT card is not easy to get. It's financed through Chase and they have some of the most stringent criteria around.

The Amazon Prime STORE card is easy to get. As are most store cards. If you want to build your credit easily try the shopping cart trick.

Use the MyFICO forums to look up and read about what you don't know about credit. Do not, I repeat NOT, ask 4chan.
>>
OP I got pre-approved after saving like a motherfucker

I got approved for a Chase card after only 4 months of serious money saving

If a bank sees a pattern in your savings, they will consider you trust-worthy enough for a card
>>
>>18559156

If there is no fee to keep it open, then keep it open. Cut the card in half and toss it away if you never want to use it again. But having 1) available unutilized credit and 2) an account open for many years both contribute hugely to your credit score. There is literally no downside to having open credit cards that you dont use, unless you have7+ of them - thats when you go over the "average" amount and things get more complicated.

Unless that applies to you, closing a line of credit can only hurt your score.
>>
>>18558621
This.
>>18559156
>i don't like free money or free plane tickets
Bro, I have an almost perfect credit score. I haven't been late on a payment in 15 years. I get about $400 a year in cash back through using one of my credit cards to pay my bills.

Have fun being a retard. Credit cards =/= debt.
>>
>>18558601

Is it your first credit card? Thats probably why you got declined. Do you know what your credit score is? Use a website like credit karma or whatever other free reputable site you prefer, you can check your score anytime you please and kepe track of what factors are affecting your score.

Already been said but just get a credit card through your credit union (or bank if you are dumb enough to use that instead) and build credit on it. Dont hold a balance ever. Just buy everything youd normally use cash or your debit card for with your credit card instead. Pay up the entire bill before the end of every month and youll never have to pay a single cent in interest - youll typically get 1% back via reward points or cashback for most common credit cards.

I use my credit card for everything possible and in 5 years never paid interest on anything. Just NEVER EVER buy something unless you have the cash currently in your bank account to pay it off immedietly. Doing this between 2 cards over 5 years i now have a score just shy of 800 - i never took out any school or personal loans nor have an "official" record of paying rent so thats why im having trouble breaking 800.

Start now and start small. Your first card will probably have a joke of a low spending limit like $500. Have your parents cosign for you if they have good scores and you can get a higher limit - i think my first card was $1000 with my parents cosigned. My next card that i got a year ago has a limit of $10,000 and that was me applying solo.

>tldr take all the credit you can get as long as you arent paying interest and you win every time
>>
>>18559994
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
>>
>>18559965
or if one of the numbers randomly gets stolen and you don't notice because you never use the card and then that's a whole thing you have to go deal with for no reason whatsoever
>>
>>18559945
This is one option, another was like me, paying bills on time.

I got paid under the table for a restaurant job. So when I got paid, i only deposited enough to pay off insurance, cell phone, etc. Never late, paid in full. Got 'pre-approved' flying in after that. I must get one a week right now.
>>
>>18560111
> Phone alerts don't exist
Really have you never heared of this every time my card gets used even for 1$ I get an alert all of mine are set up like that and if it was't me who charged I call the card company , dispute charge , problem solved , get new card and have the other one cancelled
>>
>>18560111
Credit card companies will catch it before you do and generally are pretty lenient with fraud disputes. What previous anon said about credit history and available to used credit ratio holds true. You would lower your credit score if you close your card. Banker here
>>
I put nearly all payments (never cash due to fees) on a credit card every month and pay the whole balance on the due date. This allows me to hold on to my money and thus greater interest for an extra 30 odd days and take advantage of payment protection/chargeback/disputes if needed as well as cash back offers. I've done this forever, I've never paid a penny in fees and my credit score is good/average.

I can't understand why people have this idea of building 'good' credit. A credit score is based upon defaults, liabilities and how easy you are to find due to stuff like stable addresses, registered to vote, utility bills in your name etc. If you have a ton of idle credit facilities this can hurt your credit score because you have a high ratio of potential liabilities compared to income and any new credit will be seen as more risky.

I also can't understand why people act like behaving responsibly for ages is some sort of setup for a long scam. Maintain good credit forever? Suddenly massive potentially unaffordable car loan. Yeah like people do that. Loans are primarily assessed on affordability.
>>
>>18558601
Renting shows a history of making payments, and is used as a stand-in for people without credit. Keep in mind that every time you apply, it counts as a hard hit. More than 2 hard hits per year lowers your credit score.

I can understand wanting a credit card in order to begin building your credit, but you're gonna have a tough time without any history to the credit. I would recommend going through your bank, or going for a Secured Credit Card.

Secured Credit Cards require a deposit initially, so if you want to borrow 300 per month, you need to deposit 300 up front. After a few months, they'll raise the limit beyond your deposit.
>>
>>18558601
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-credit-cards/nerdwallets-best-secured-credit-cards/
>>
>>18558601
So you can either go to a credit union and pay to have your limit set (forgetting the name of it) and thatll be your first form of credit. Its an option for a lot of people. Or you can do what I did.

So the amazon card is hosted through chase. What I did was I walked in and decided to talk with the bankers. I figured I had been a customer for a while so fuck it, why not ask why. Obvi I got the typical answer "you dont have credit" you should have seen their faces when I asked "How am I supposed to get credit if you guys, my own bank, wont issue me any" This resulted in the banker calling the credit department to get a better response, they told her the same thing, she relayed it, I repeated my question. This meant the banker just giving the phone over to me, The person on the line said it again, I repeated my question and I got a big fat "UUUUUHHHHHH" I told them I have no problem finding business else where if theyre not willing to work with me. not 5 minutes later they gave me my first 500 dollar limit with the excuse of "We were able to build you credit because you never had an overdraft fee" which I knew was total horseshit but whatever, theres my adv
>>
File: bluebird fees.png (149KB, 792x1251px) Image search: [Google]
bluebird fees.png
149KB, 792x1251px
>>18561513
I don't get people who bank with those big banks. They always nickel and dime you out the ass. Name one thing Chase offers that isn't offered by Bluebird, which you can open for free and treat every Walmart as your personal 24 hour bank.
>>
>>18561513
I tried asking for a credit card through Chase just a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 collections on my account, very old, but still, and they were due to my mom opening up shit under my name. Anywho, I wasn't full retard, so I'd had a secured card open for 12 months before asking Chase for a 'real credit card'. The bitch on the line basically told me that I was a huge risk and that I needed to pay off my collections. I asked her why I was such a 'risk', if she could see the contents of my savings account (I'm not a high rollar but I have 20k saved up, more than 50% of Americans), and it was just a long awkward pause, and then a loop of the same shit, as if she's reading from a script. I told her that I've been using Chase, as she can tell herself, for over 7 years, and why is she treating me like shit, not in those words, and again, awkward pause, and a loop of the same, "pay off your collections, sorry, can't help you".

So yeah, despite the collections I have a 630 FICO, which is bad, but decent, when considering the shit on my report.

It's funny how if you're a 'bad goy' then the whole financial system will shun you like a leper.

I've only used Chase out of convenience, but I do feel some indignation.
>>
>>18561522
Sorry you must have thought I was someone who cared

>>18561602
So as someone who used to work for Bank of America's credit department I can tell you that the entire system is a joke. Would I recommend my way for someone first starting out, No, I just got REALLY fucking lucky and I've always had a way of talking my way into things. That being said congrats on your personal wealth. I mean I dont even have that much saved but im working on it. Rent in CA is horrid. But dont worry according to >>18561522
we got bluebird to save our sorry asses
>>
>>18561665
Yeah. I appreciate your kudos. I don't consider myself good with money. I still spend a lot on food, probably $400-500 monthly just on myself. What can I say, I'm a glutton for good meals.

But I've done little things, that anyone can do. I've cut out alcohol and weed. Don't go out on the weekends. Don't go to new releases. I never carry cash because it's less easy to track/do a spreedsheet on. I only buy clothes on clearance. I use prepaid service. Cheapest ISP plan I can get with haggling and threats of moving to the other company. Have no more than three reoccuring expenses a month. I don't go to deals websites like Slickdeals. And I don't go to Walmart or the Grocery market, unless I have a list of ten or more things I need. If you walk aimlessly into a store, then you'll find things that you don't need, so always just go in for your list.

I'm sure there's more frugal tips out there.

And with regards wth CCs, yeah, I knew that Chase are huge cunts with their credit cards, so playing my hand without having the collections paid off/bounced off the report was a bad idea--but I was impatient. I'm 25, and want a real credit card. I'm using some garbage Discover card with a $500 limit.

Welp, I'll figure it out and ask a credit union next. I had BoA and they were cunts to me once, on a dispute, and again with making a large withdrawal. I'm sure it's situational, with a branch, but still, I have a worse perception with them than Chase, but like you say, the whole system is fucked. Probably no difference.

My only reason for wanting the credit jew is to have a 750+ score in order to get a house one day. I already paid a car in full with cash. So it's really, just this pursuit of the American dream thing, with the big house and white picket fence.

Welp anyway, long ass post. Good luck with your own situation dude.

reposted and cleared up some typos, it;s late for me
>>
>>18558670
This is a horrible mindset, especially in the United States. People who don't believe in credit are generally not good with their money to begin with.
>>
>>18559145
This is literally not an issue with having a credit card, this is an issue about one's inability to control themselves.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.