[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get motivated to work out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: skeleton.jpg (17KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
17KB, 300x240px
How do I get motivated to work out?
>>
quit thinking about how to get motivated and just get down and do 20 push ups and sit ups every day more as you go , to many fags overthink it
>>
>>18558313
Motivation is an emotion, and emotions are fleeting so it won't always be there to move you. Something more has to drive your actions.

Just do it as a matter of discipline. The motivation comes when you start to see results (more energy, more testosterone, better physique, smashing goals). You'll even come to enjoy the feeling of DOMS.
>>
>>18558313
It doesn't matter whether you are motivated or not. Everyone who looks good at the gym just goes because it is a routine. Hold yourself accountable and develop a schedule that you stick to.

I use to work out around 5 times a week for ~2.5 years and you hit periods where the last thing you want to do is work out. Push through and you will really start to enjoy it. If you only wait until you muster up enough motivation to do it you will never look good or stick with it.
>>
You gotta start small. It's very hard from a willpower perspective, to go from 0 to even 2 days working out. Set a goal to workout at least once a week to start.
>>
This is usually a step-by-step thing and nothing to do with motivation. You can't efficiently work out without core strength for stamina.
>First step: sit-ups. Find something long and soft, like a couch cushion and throw it on the floor as your mat, put a sheet or blanket down on top so you don't soak it with sweat
Ab work outs are various and great if you don't want to get tired doing one repetitive motion. Bringing your elbows forward, hands to your shoulders and just turning left and right with your torso, you build your wings and back, crunches help for ab concentration.
>Step 2: squats. No one gives leg strength the credit it deserves. Find your way of squatting, be it holding onto something or free-hand and get to it.
Most people find out they can do way more than they expected. I personally don't recommend going all the way down to protect your knees.
>Step 3: push-ups. Very basic, multiple styles; start from your knees if you're not built for toestand push-ups. Then move onto diamonds, wide, dragon, etc.
No real explanation here, start with sets of 20 to 25 until you can work your way up to 50.
>Step 4: pull-ups.
This is where you need more than just the floor to work out and is incredibly beneficial once you've gotten past the basic levels. Builds your entire upper body and can be just as versatile as push-ups or sit-ups.

From there out, you'll probably have a slight addiction for exercise and start looking up your own ways to build the muscles you're looking for.
>>
Make it easy to start. For me, as long as I showed up to the gym I'd get something done. Location, location, location. Showing up is half the battle, having a dedicated space makes all the difference in whether or not I do any kind of work. Always start with a run on the treadmill, then I'm in it and I don't have to think about it, but whatever works for you.
>>
>>18558313
Literally just fucking do it. Stop overthinking it and telling yourself you don't have the motivation. Stop thinking, and start doing, even if you're not really sure what you're doing. Start small, and learn so you can get better.
>>
JUST DO IT later.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.