[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning Japanese worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1499527682602.jpg (132KB, 782x586px) Image search: [Google]
1499527682602.jpg
132KB, 782x586px
Is learning Japanese worth it?
>>
Not really. Japan is a shit-tier country as far as living there goes. If you want to go on vacation you only need to know English.
>>
No. Takes too long and is basically useless. Only reason to really learn it is for work, and nobody in their right mind would work in Japan.
>>
>>18557453
Learning a new language is always encouraged if you have the free time and the drive to do so, as long as it doesn't hinder you daily life eg. work,studies,etc.

Speaking and writing are two different things though...
>>
>>18557453
Depends. If you want to live there or use it for work (like business or cultural/translation stuff) then it is worth it. However, if you're not going to pursue these things it is completely useless and it will be a challenge to retain fluency (or attaining it to begin with). You need to use it to retain it.

If you just like learning languages, go ahead.
>>
>>18557453
Really depends if you'll use it for something.
If there's a language you see yourself using more than Japanese then go for that otherwise sure why not learn it.
>>
>>18557453
Learning a second language is good mental exercise, and everyone should try to learn at least one other language in my opinion.

Japanese itself is probably not the most useful language if you aren't planning of moving there. But then again, that's true for most languages other than English.
>>
>>18557453
other languages are always a good thing to put on your resume and if it helps you read/play your untranslated weebshit that's icing on the cake

I learned Japanese myself (still learning Kanji though but that's a given) and it was worth it if only so I can understand my weebshit without waiting for translations
>>
gave up after 4 minutes of confusing ass alphabet. Japan is the only fkn country its used in i mean if you plan to move there it would make since to learn it but japan is pretty shit tier so yea dont recommend.
>>
Literally only wanted to learn the language just so I could understand my hentai mangos. Other anons are right, language is pretty damn difficult. Pretty much useless unless you're either in Japan or want to translate untranslated manga
>>
>>18557453
If you plan to use it yeah. If you want to learn it for the sake of learning it, then there are other languages more worth your time. Speaking it is not all that hard, takes like 6 to 10 months at about 2 to 4 hours every other day to be able to hold a decent conversation. Reading it is a whole other story, and that's because Kanji is bullshit. 2 years minimal to read at a respectable level, and probably an extra year or two to read at an advanced level.
>>
Manga, visual novels and video games are a huge deal indeed. Nobody translates those in satisfactory amounts, and translated ones not always the best ones. Translators dropping shit just because they are too butthurt about the twists is god damn infuriating. Buying paper manga is fun too. Also funny how sometimes you could find your published weebshit in french but not in english... Anyway, for work, chinese is better. Or spanish. Even russian. Like come on, it's either muh culture or muh money how is it even a question?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.