[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1499261035404.jpg (323KB, 480x953px) Image search: [Google]
1499261035404.jpg
323KB, 480x953px
I've been getting less and less social for about three years. At this point I'm almost a hikikomori.
I have no money and have developed serious anxiety in situations that involve more strangers than familiar people. I have only a few friends left now which means I'm almost always anxious in social situations (unless drinking).

What are some easy ways for losers to make friends that won't set me up for failure. I'm eager to get back to being the guy I used to be and step one is getting social again.

$50 says that most of /adv/ wants advice rather than has the experience to give it but any help is good help.
>>
>>18557413
How does one confront a fear?

By immersing yourself in your fear. There's no way around it. Join some sort of club, go to church if that's your thing, and get a job. Things will eventually get easier. But if you don't try you'll never succeed.

Always keep in mind everyone is worried about themselves too much to worry about you. so don't worry about embarrassing yourself. People have short memories as long as you aren't a dick.
>>
>>18557419
I've done that. I joined a club my friend goes to but distanced myself from him intentionally while I was there. I managed to make one acquaintance and apparently added a few folks while I got blotto one night but I also did some stupid shit and now I feel weird about heading back there. Also I pretty much can't really afford that hobby any longer.
As for a job, naturally, but I've never made any friends at work that extend outside of work. I don't remember how to go from friendly acquaintance to friend anymore. Most of my friends were super social and just decided I was part of their group now.

There have been numerous times where I've been hyper social, even the lynch pin in certain groups but as I am now I can't even begin to imagine how to replicate that. I just cannot remember how I got to that point.
>>
>>18557437
>"I've done that"

Yea? So what? Friendship requires some level of effort. Socializing is a muscle, if you don't work it you can lose it.

I don't know what to tell you, there's no magic cure. You have to constantly put yourself out there. My advice is learn to be a GOOD listener. Everyone loves hearing themselves talk, and everyone loves a good listener.

If willpower isn't enough you may need to consider therapy.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.