/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop being afraid of dogs (even small ones) running at me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1479628033955.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1479628033955.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
How do i stop being afraid of dogs (even small ones) running at me
>>
What about dogs scares you so much?
Did have a bad experience with dogs as a child?
Did you not have any interactions with dogs as a child?
>>
>>18557278
Obviously scared of being bit.

If i did it was probably traumatic since i can't remember anything about it.
>>
Are these random dogs or dogs of people you know? If they're random dogs, that's a good fear. Most aren't trained, and will fuck with you even if you are 10 feet away from their property.
>>
>>18557298
Random dogs

I know it's logical, but i overreact. I jump around like a lil bitch even with fucking chihuahuas.
>>
>>18557263
By exposing yourself to your fear.

Go volunteer at an animal shelter. You'll get over it pretty quickly.
>>
>>18557263
Dogs speak like people do
Not with words and shit but with how they look and move
It's as plain as day how a dog moves at you

Stop being a negro
Get to know some dogs
Knowing a good dog is a fucking salve on the soul. They don't judge. They just love. And no matter what, they're ok with who you are.
>>
>>18557311
Well it's not like i'm scared by dogs ingeneral like one is usually disgusted with a bug. I just freak out whenever one of them runs against me, even a playful pet. Quiet ones don't hurt me.
>>
File: XBYBcDQ.gif (1MB, 320x191px) Image search: [Google]
XBYBcDQ.gif
1MB, 320x191px
Dogs are fucking dumb. Just stand tall, don't flinch and look them in the eye. It's very important than you don't move at all. They will probably get intimidated.
>>
And if a dog is running towards you in a playful way just open up your palms and smile.
>>
>>18557316
>Dogs speak like people do
>Not with words and shit
Pick one
>>
>>18557319
My advice still stands.

When appropriate get down low and let them keep coming at you. You'll get over it.
>>
>>18557263
Get a dog. I got bit in the face by a golden retriever when I was 7, and my parents went out and got me a German Shepard. Playing with it (at first just throwing a ball, later roughhousing with it) conquered my fear, because I learned what worked when trying to manipulate dogs, and what didn't. I could go up against a Bull Mastiff and survive without serious injury.
>>
>>18557369
I'm saying that you can understand when a person is angry or sad or upset or shit
They don't need words to say all those things

A dog doesn't either. A dogs emotions are even more transparent than a real person's since they don't know how to lie
>>
>>18557340
Seconding this
>>
>>18557263
I had a friend like this. He was a grown man afraid of my parent's toy fox terrier. I didn't understand at all because she didn't even bark at him or anything.

I guess you could try being around one of your friends' dogs and have your friend help you to slowly get closer and closer til you realise nothing's wrong.

I've been bitten badly before, breaking up a fight between my parents two other dogs, was pretty gnarly but shit, at the end of the day wounds heal so it's no big deal.
>>
Embrace death
>>
>>18557263
doggo is your friend, anon
go play with the dogs at your local shelter. they will appreciate it, and you will learn that they come in peace (most of the time)
>>
>>18557263
I had the same feeling when I was a kid, until I started standing still whenever a dog came to me, do the same you will realize how they won't ever harm you (well unless it's one of does dangerous ones, but that's not the point). Now I really love dogs and when one aprouches to me I HAVE to pet it!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.