[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worried about grandma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: September-25-2013-21-30-49-ll.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
September-25-2013-21-30-49-ll.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
Several months ago my grandma started mixing up the names of her grandchildren when referring to them. Sometimes she laughs about it and she doesn't realize she's done it. I think she's 68 or so.

Is this like a sign for Alzheimer's? I'm worried now because I had a dream a few days ago that she was acting weirdly and progressively forgot everyone and how to talk. It made me cry a lot.
>>
>>18557029
Sometimes she laughs about it, and sometimes she doesn't realize she's done it.*
>>
Take her with you to places. Go on walks with her and talk about her past. The interaction will help her memory, grow closer to you, and improve moods of both of you.

I wish you the best and hope a bright future for you.
>>
>>18557047
We go to places all the time. She loves telling me about the town we live in, and flowers and gardening, and stays connected with people she grew up with on Facebook and in real life. She's a regular at a buffet in town and usually knows every old face in there. Her memory seems great.

Her older brother has Alzheimer's and he's in a home somewhere, completely gone. I don't know.
>>
While on the phone to my elderly father the other day (who lives alone) he had to move around because of the mobile phone signal. He suddenly said oh I really don't want to talk about this because once you bring it up then it becomes real and begins to scare you, but sometimes when he goes into another room in the house he has this sudden feeling like doesn't know where he is any more and is takes him a moment to figure out what is going on.

I was like, often? No. Any other time? No. A bit like when you go to get something from the kitchen and when you get there you don't remember what it was? No, not really. Any walking the street in your underpants? No. Ok, well I'm sure a bit of that is normal with age, as long as you aren't roaming the streets in your underpants lets keep an eye on that.

Part of me is like, great, he is fine. Another part of me is like oh shit oh shit oh shit I need to go visit him, but make it not seem like I'm checking up on him. As thoroughly modern as I consider myself I still find my father expressing insecurity and fear to be distressing.
>>
>>18557104
Great, now I think about it I'm worrying more too. The other week he said that he took his morning vitamins about four times because he kept getting interrupted in his routine and he didn't know if he'd taken them or not. At the time I was like lol I know that feel.
>>
>>18557029
My grandfather fucked our names up and was mentally well up until the day he died
Everyone screws up to things like that and it becomes a little more common when you get older just because your mind goes a little bit no matter what
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.