[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1498159969765.jpg (11KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1498159969765.jpg
11KB, 255x255px
Me and this kid go way back I've known him since freshman year of high school I'm 19 now, we've been through a lot of shit together, like very stressful illegal shit. He had a really fucked up family and is now homeless and has been living in the woods for the past 2 months. While he's been in the woods I've been keeping him alive basically, bringing him supplies, I had to drive through the night once to get him because he was attacked by a pack of coyotes and move his camp. He was living in a national park and I drove 2 hours to get him and bring him back closers to home and now he's living on someone's private property in the woods. Anyway the kids like my brother but hes a constant drain on my wallet, in the past 2 months me and our other buddy have probably spent 3000 dollars on him, and now he wants me to buy him a boat to live on. He already found the boat and went and looked at it, but I haven't seen it and it's most likely a price of shit but it does float at least. He hit me up today asking to borrow 2000 dollars to buy it but that's almost all of my money right now. I will be getting back another 5000 later from someone else, but right now I'm a neet and I don't even have a car I've just been waiting for the rest of my money to come in and I really don't want to give him 2000 dollars when my life isnt even off the ground yet, but I don't want him to be homeless and I don't even know if he's going to be able to get a job and pay me back. What do?

Tldr. My homeless best friend wants 2000 dollars to buy a boat, but I only have like 2500 right now and I don't want him to be homeless, but I also have my own life to worry about
>>
>>18556955
>I also have my own life to worry about

Solved your own problem OP
>>
With a boat comes repairs, fuel, etc.. and it's not even your boat. Are you really going to treat this friend like this til the end? You gotta draw the line somewhere.
>>
>>18556965
I know for a fact though that if I were in his shoes he would give me the money. Also he basically kept me sane through a bad trip/freak out and I feel like Im just abandoning him if I don't do this
>>
>>18556955
Don't give him any more money. Your time, maybe, but you have to cut him off. I have a longtime friend who is a great bud of mine, but he's fucking retarded when it comes to money and responsibility, and spends his dough on video games and loot crates instead of saving for a car or something worthwhile. I've wanted to help him for so long, but the most I do is buy him some McDicks when we go out, cause anytime you give these people the means to survive, it enables their shitty behavior and they don't learn and it sucks to watch them be shitty, but they have to "get it" before you start giving them stuff, especially money.

Plus, you have 2500 dollars right now and he wants 4/5 of that? Fuck off with that logic, you have your own life to worry about.
>>
>>18556983
I feel like it's been leading up to me drawing the line, and that's what it's more about, not so much the money but like wtf happens after I draw the line?
>>
>>18557000
Well digits confirm I guess fuck
>>
tell him get his life together, rather than venture off on a fucking boat.
>>
>>18557030
He just wants the boat for a place to live he's gonna get a job near the marina but still
>>
>>18557046
yeah no that is pants on head retarded
>>
>>18557046
no mate. thats not a real plan.
>>
>>18557057
>>18557046
and this is coming from a guy who wants to live the vandweller life
>>
You can only help out a person if they want to be helped. You gave him support and love, but he has to put in effort.

He doesnt REQUIRE to be on a boat in order to live, just like you are not required to have a Mercedes in order to drive. He can live just fine in a shelter.

Youve done enough for his ass, it's time for him to grow up. Time for some tough love OP (and this is coming from a dude whose friend is homeless too).
>>
>in the past 2 months me and our other buddy have probably spent 3000 dollars on him

I'm very curious how
>>
>>18557113
It's a really long story, but this is basically what happened
>worked in hvac for 7 months and saved up 7000
>we have a friend who deals
>knows a lot of people who also deal
>lines up a deal for us to buy a pound of dab oil for 9000
>the day comes to leave to drive to Portland and my buddy ends up only having like a grand
>we go anyway and end up paying 8000
>get back and this is when he starts being homeless
>drug dealer friend bought him a motorcycle for 2000
>ends up giving the bike to a different kid and decides he's going to live in the woods and grow weed
>spend 500 on supplies for him sleeping bag hammock tarps a grill all that shit
>gas is 50 bucks a trip 4 hours there and back and we made like 5 trips
>also give him another 700 a couple weeks ago when he starts living around our area

So basically he put in like a grand into this scheme and he's already got like 4000 back
>>
>>18557144
what the fuck was your plan with a goddamn pound of dab oil holy shit how much do you smoke
>>
>>18557152
Not smoking it selling it It's really cheap on the west coast and really expensive in new England
>>
>>18557164
spooky
>>
You either
>1. spoil him hoping that his next request is going to give him the necessary autonomy to take off and get off your back
or
>2. draw the line, tell him you'll help him as much as you can, on your own terms, considering you also have your life to take care of
or
>3. take him in, give him closer surveilance and guidance, put him on the right track one step at a time, so that you really spend your money on him more efficiently, until he's got a job, an apartment and some autonomy

2 implies an emotional detachment from him in those situations in which as muc as you want to help you can't (i.e. boat)
3 means you'll have to dedicate more of your time to help him out but it'll definitely be better than him staying in some 2hr distance woods you have to drive to.

Also the boat idea is as stupid as you can get
see >>18556983 think about documentation, licenses, docking fees, inspections, and whatnot. It's a money plot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.