[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WOAH wtf pals two months ago I paid the minimum on my credit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 383819.jpg (166KB, 483x381px) Image search: [Google]
383819.jpg
166KB, 483x381px
WOAH wtf pals two months ago I paid the minimum on my credit card payment, then this last billing payment I paid off everything, and I just saw my credit score statement, and it had dropped literally 120 points because I had only 2$ available credit and was using 99% of my credit.
Is my score going to go up 120 points when my information is revised and reflects that I paid all of that off?????? Or do I literally have to spend the next 3 years of my fucking life rebuilding my credit back up 120 points because for *one* month I actually used my credit, made a payment on time, and then the VERY NEXT MONTH paid the entire due balance off?????? WTF
>>
No, as long as you weren't late in making a payment your score should go back to normal when its updated.

Go get you a store credit card like home depot, kohls etc. They generally have high limits will contribute to your overall credit limit, making this less likely ro happen again
>>
> if I recall
When ever you take money off a card / use money they want you to pay it off over time , what they suspect will happen if they allow this is people like gamblers will go withdraw 2k then pay it all back the next month if they win if they lose well shit, basically it's an anti-gambling thing
>>
>>18556407
as I understand it, it should be better next month because they only look at the last month and going over like 50% of your credit is very frowned on.
>>
>>18556424
30% is where they start to ding you
>>
>>18556407
Your credit score will recover. That is just a temporary ding.

However you probably will get a minor passive ding to your actual credit score (a few points) the next time they go to reassess.

Try to keep credit card utilization to about 30% (total) for it to be a positive influence rather than negative.
>>
>>18556420
>>18556424
Phew, thank god, thank you guys. I was bugging out. I never check out the store credit cards because I'm not sure if my credit's high enough to be approved (pre this episode my credit was only 690) but I'll definitely look into which stores accept fair credit now!
>>
>>18556436
Ah sweet, I can totally accept a few points penalization, I know that utilization is a factor in all this, that's way better to look forward to than 120. Thank you for the help.
>>
>>18556441
As long as your over 600 you should be able to get any big box type store card you want. Smaller places will be more picky. Ive got a 755 and cabelas wont give me more than a 1k limit cause i had a late payment 6 years ago...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.