[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I AM THE NOTHING MASTER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I've got no hobbies.
Every time I try something I'm interested in, I suck shit at it, feel bad, and give up on it.

For example: always I've wanted to be a musician, but I can't craft songs for shit so I'm not having fun at all doing it.
I've got nothing made in any medium despite being obsessed with art. Now the thought of not being an artist is making me have a crisis after dreaming about being one all my life.

I feel I've gotten to a point in my life where I need something I'm good at and enjoy doing.
Everyone around me in this new college I've transferred to "has something" and I've got nothing to show. I wish I was a genius or some sort of prodigy with some talent so I could pick things up. Or at least started sooner. For me, it feels like it'd take centuries to be good at something.
Thinking I'm really inadequate, mediocre, and lazy.

What do I do?
I just turned 20.
>>
Sounds like you need a job.
>>
>>18556174
I have a part time job right now. With the money I wanted to fund hobbies I'd pick up, but I suck shit.
>>
>>18556181

Most people can live a fulfilling and meaningful life with no talents (speaking for myself). Not to mention the reason most people seek out a hobby is because they are bored. Find something you like to do and just do it. If you keep living with the notion that everyone expects something out of you, you won't be able to enjoy what is right in front of you.

If I sounded harsh there, I don't mean to be.
>>
This happened to me to a lesser degree when I entered college. My "thing" had been writing and suddenly other people were studying it for a job and much better at it than me. Pick something to be, op. I picked being nice, and hardworking. That was my whole schtick. It made me feel good and seemed to make other people happy. But for you maybe it is time to pick a hobby that sets you apart, or to define a niche for yourself within what you do. It's okay to not be the best at your "thing". If you're 24/7 surrounded by people who are better at it, then you'll naturally get better even more quickly than before. You've got this op.
>>
Everyone who's good at a hobby started by sucking at that hobby. They just kept at it.
>>
>>18556163

a lot of musicians will tell you that music is hard, and its the truth.
But music is not THAT hard. its not impossibile. if you need something you are good at and you cant find it its no wonder. Sucking at things it's normal, and thinking you won't ever be able to make music is normal too. You're not supposed to be good. No one was at the beginng. You say you're obssesed with art, I bet you know some artists that at the beginng sucked hard right? Look up Ryo Fukui, he started with music in his twenties too

Investigate whats hindering you, do not put your ideals too high, if its a matter of motivation, re-evaalutate your living habits. Read the process about the piece of art you like, enjoy it.

If its something hard but that also you like, pursue it
>>
File: 7QwXz.gif (618KB, 474x266px) Image search: [Google]
7QwXz.gif
618KB, 474x266px
>>18556163
>>
Life's a process

Stop labelling your entire worth on a temporary lack of skill or knowledge
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.