[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beta Boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
What are the characteristics and traits of being a beta boyfriend? I want to know if I'm one. If I am beta, would my gf notice and would she care?
>>
You actually pay attention to her. 100% serious.
>>
>>18555877
/thread
>>
>Hatfield et al. (1993) identified the traits of the dull personality type, including:

>Passivity - Dull people aren't really there, they just exist.
>Tediousness - Dull people use a boring communication style including slow talking, long pauses before responses and rambling.
>Distracting behavior - Dull people are side-tracked easily.
>Low affectivity - Dull people rarely look others in the eye, have expressionless faces and talk in a monotonous fashion.
>Boring ingratiation - Dull people try too hard to be funny, to be nice or to impress others.
>Seriousness - Dull people never smile and appear somber or cold.
>Self-centeredness - Dull people are preoccupied with themselves, with the past or with personal problems.
>Banality - Dull people talk about trivial or superficial things, are interested in only one topic, and repeat the same stories or jokes again and again.
>>
>>18555894
how is seriousness a flaw though? i mean i can understand if someone can't smile and that is a flaw but still

what if you have depression? putting up a smile is easy but not for a lot, especially if you dislike what you're doing.
>>
File: 1499818811314.jpg (88KB, 960x650px) Image search: [Google]
1499818811314.jpg
88KB, 960x650px
>>18555913
>depression
Being depressed is pretty fucking beta.
>>
>>18555877
Elaborate
>>
>>18555933
it is. i don't really show it to others, i don't tell others about it, i hide it like the fucking plague and i hide anger too.
>>
>>18555959
> depression a feeling of sadness
alphas never feels sad they are always out and about on the hunt never feeling anything other than pleasure
>>
>>18555894
Is dull the same thing as beta?
>>
>Doesn't ever take the initiative or asks for permission to do any little thing.
Went on a couple dates with a guy who would ask my permission before even holding my hand or putting his arm around me. Shit was weird, just go for it.

>clingy
I mean, I'm actually what I'd say is a clingy gf compared to most. I want to be around my bf slightly more than most girls, but I've been with some guys who were so anxious if I ever wanted a single minute to myself.
Also characteristic of clinginess is this conversation:
"You ok femanon?"
"Yeah I'm fine, little stress with something but it's not a big deal."
"What can I do?"
"Nothing, really it's fine"
"No really what can I do I'd do anything in the world to help you"
"I don't need help though, it's fine. Really, it's fine this is just a normal everyday stress unrelated to you"
"I feel like theres something I'm doing wrong, please let me fix it"
"STFU that will fix it goddamn"

Don't insist on "helping" everything if she says she's good. I know some women play those dumb games but the majority don't, and if you are with one that plays then fucking bail she acts like she's 12.
>>
>>18555986

Yeah taking initiative is mega important. I cringe SO fucking hard looking back at my teenage self telling a girl who was really into me how i like her and asking if i could have a kiss. Literally watched the attraction fade from her eyes on the spot. Oh well, live and learn.

Better to take a risk and fail than to be a pussy and take the safe route or not try at all.
>>
>>18555986
This hits too close to home
>>
If you have to ask then that should tell you right there. The whole beta/alpha thing is a joke though. While there are personalities that lend themselves to either camp, it's just whatever dude, who cares.
>>
File: 1489294421421.jpg (130KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1489294421421.jpg
130KB, 1252x1252px
>>18556130
>The whole beta/alpha thing is a joke though
Says who? You?!
>>
>I have a gf
>am I beta?

Fuck off with your bait thread.
>>
>>18556044
Yeah, chit chat ruins the mood. You just gotta go for it, work up to stuff slowly if you're concerned about reading her wrong. First you sit close, then you put the arm around her, then you pull her in, cuddle a bit, then you lift her chin, look her in the eye for a sec, then go in for the kill. If she isn't interested she would shut that shit down far before you're even in position for the kiss.
But you never just ask "can I kiss u lol"
>>18556103
Srry anon, work on gaining confidence.
>>
>>18555894
IMO the only boring ones are the ones who get bored so easily. If you rely too much on others to "excite" you then from experience you are probably not that "interesting" yourself.
>>
>>18556156
It's possible
>>
>>18555869
-Asking for intimate actions instead of just going for them as chicks expect you to read their readiness.

-Always being serious.

-Trying to fix things without her expressed interest.

-Constantly saying yes to her requests with no resistance.

-Never standing up for yourself

And perhaps most importantly

-Rarely if ever displaying your ability to lead
>>
>>18556723
I kept asking my gf what's wrong and then she said that she started to be annoyed. Also, whenever I say a dumb joke or TRY to make her laugh, she also gets annoyed. Am I beta?
>>
>>18555869
Insecurity
>>
>>18555869
Improve your appearance instead of improving your personality. Best method would be lifting.

If you're tall, handsome and muscular you will be seen as an alpha male by women no matter what your personality is. This is known as the "Halo effect".
>>
>>18556786

>gf keeps getting annoyed
>"Am I beta?"

Maybe you're just annoying.
>>
>>18555967
Depression isn't sadness, it'S the lack of feeling due to a reduced hippocampus. If you feel sad, you are depressed but you don't have Depression. Small but integral difference.
>>
>>18555869

I like to wander around so I can discover new places. Women hate that when dating. That is beta for them. You must have a plan and stick to it. You must lead them.

I am also a careful observer. They don't want that. They want you to act and them to observe.
>>
>>18557771
Nah, woman don't hate it. But making urbex your first date is simply a sign that you don't really understand what a first date should focus on. You date to discover your future mate, not the sleeping bag of some heroin junkie. And as a petit female I can assure you that I would never go into the wild with someone I don't really know. For All I do know, you could want to butcher me somewhere where I will never be found.

You're not beta, just retarded.
>>
>>18557782
>You date to discover your future mate, not the sleeping bag of some heroin junkie

I laughed way too hard at this
>>
>>18557789
You know it's true. Dunno, I can imagine more romantic stuff to fall in love with each other than walking around between used condoms, dead racoons and inhaling mold looking like a hobo yourself after squeezing through broken glass and dirty stuff. That wont make those panties wet.

I know men around that awar of those things but that's like thinking going on a date in a sewage plant is a great idea because you both like documentaries about "how things work".
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.