[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UBER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: fair or nair.png (36KB, 992x718px) Image search: [Google]
fair or nair.png
36KB, 992x718px
Do you think this is fair?

$99 for doing absolutely nothing?

Fuck me eBay takes 10% of sales
Etsy ffs not even 3.5%
Craigslist is just free

But UBER? 20% (I know there's adverts but everyone knows Uber by now)

I only do the EATS so not complaining just generally curious.
>>
>>18555576
doing absolutely nothing? Who connects you to the clients? Who pays for insurance? Who advertises? Who maintains their servers? Who has to pay the payroll company? The programmers? The customer support? All of the fees to the states they operate in?

If you don't like it, become your own transport service.
>>
>>18555608

I understand (except for the insurance part, I'm not covered) but still...

I mean c'mon at least take 10%, don't you agree?
>>
Doesn't seem fair to me. But then again from what I understand they are taking half of your net pay?. Does that even pay for your gas and shit?. Do you still have to file those $99 and pay taxes on that shit at the end of the year?. If so you're really going to end up with less?.
>>
>>18555625
if 10% were worth it to them they'd be doing it for 10%. if 10% isn't worth it to you, why are you still doing it? and before you write me off as some fanboy this is coming from somebody who detests shit like uber
>>
>$16 an hour for driving

that is still fantastic.
Fuck are you complaining about OP.
>>
>>18555608
Well, I mean this.
You would not even have the :"job" if Uber HQ wasn't spending time, money, and resources on the advertising and app maintenance.

Go drive for one of the uber knock offs and see how much less you make, Uber is a household name because they made themselves so. Lyft is also becoming more popular, but I still rarely see people call Lyft before Uber. And then there's all the other little no namers like Cargo and shit.

The beauty of Uber's lax hiring though seems to be you aren't obligated to clock into a shift for them or anything. You can just stop driving for them if you think you can do any better.

They're a business anon, the CEO is always gonna get the fat cash, you're always gonna get the spare change. Like any job, you are free to go work for someone else if you don't like your employer.
>>
>>18555649
For real. I make 8.25 taking out the trash, mopping floors, and cleaning toilets 8 hours a day at a grocery store.

I probs would work for Uber if my car wasn't too old for their standards and if I werent a woman lol.
Being a female uber driver sounds like rape city to me.
>>
>>18555641
This. Here is a person who sees things from both sides and sides with the most logical bit.
>>
>>18555649
$16 an hour?!

I get paid less to destroy my own body with shit labor at a retail store.
>>
>>18555706
Minus gas and the wear&tear on your car, but yeah it can be decent money.
>>
>>18555716
Assuming you get gas mileage on your car, $16 more like $18 an hour isn't too bad. Wish I could've done it most of the summer. $200 a day ain't too bad.
>>
>>18555748

Not that I would know, but I'm pretty absolutely damn sure they don't cover gas.

But it's a deductible expense (Along with maintenance, deprecation, registration, insurance, and even your mobile phone/data charges), so the government covers at least a chunk of it
>>
>>18555779
>deductible expense
government doesn't cover shit, they just steal slightly less from you
>>
>>18555817
"steal" as if maintaining a country, every state, every city, and every town plus its ungrateful citizens is free.
>>
>>18555902
>"steal" as if maintaining a country, every state, every city, and every town plus its ungrateful citizens is free.

Lol
>>
Know what the magic of Uber is OP?

You stop driving for them whenever you want. Awesome right?

I drove for uber for a while, but I live in a 3rd world shithole country where the cab drivers get violent and uber drivers are hijacked or mostly killed for their cars. So I just stopped. Simple as that.

Yeah their share is hefty (and you got it easy, here it's 25% and gas price is through the roof), but if you don't agree, just quit, simple as that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.