[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a brainlet study programming ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1460115589005.png (30KB, 657x527px)
1460115589005.png
30KB, 657x527px
I want to try and learn programming but I'm having issues concentrating and understanding this hobby is making me feel like a brainlet because I cannot wrap my head around it
>Inb4 frog poster
>>
commit , commit , commit if you really want to learn it you will but if you are a fad type person who wants to do it because all my friends are you won't
>>
the only way you can program is to get yourself in the mindset of a programmer. Collaborate with people if you really don't get something.

Analyse in what specific way the river flows and how you have to get your mind in that setting.

i know all languages are diffrent, but i know from experience it's not impossible!
>>
>>18554877
Find a small project to work on. Most world class programmers always recommend coding tetris to learn a langauge.
>>
>>18554881
B-but I don't have friends
>>
>>18554902
Should I start with Tetris or could it be something different
>>
What language are you using?
>>
>>18555215
Currently I'm trying to learn python
>>
>>18555242
Python is shit it's all worthless
>>
>>18556283
Stupid sentiment. I don't think you're much of a programmer.

Word of advice for you, OP, just like with video game consoles and anything else that's a fixture in nerd culture, there are "wars" over which language is the "best," and scripting languages like Python sometimes get called useless. It's a bunch of bullshit. It's a perfectly fine language for learning the ropes and it's used plenty by professional web and software developers, and all you have to do that is go onto any freelance site and search "python" - hundreds of jobs will come up.

Pick whatever language you want and stick with it and don't listen to anybody who tells you "that language is for children, learn this one instead."

I'd write more advice but I have to get to work. There are plenty of general purpose, "OK, you want to learn to program, here's where you start" guides online, though.
>>
>>18556334
I'm going to save this post on a notepad, that is one of the smartest things I have read on this God forsaken website.

Try telling /g/ that.
>>
>>18554939
easy to make friends in a programming class
>>
>>18554877
Where are you having trouble currently?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.