[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Advice - Need Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: career_advice_career.jpg (24KB, 425x250px) Image search: [Google]
career_advice_career.jpg
24KB, 425x250px
Guys guys guys... I need help so bad. I will keep it short.

So I'm a new graduate from Computer Engineering in Turkey. I was planning to work in my university's research department with an above-average salary for 1 year, it's my city and I would be really comfortable. Meanwhile, learn german and improve myself hard in programming etc. After 1 year I was planning to go to Germany to do my Master Degree and settle there.

But yesterday I got an offer from Mercedes-Benz Truck Factory - IT with a great salary. The problem is the city which the factory in is so small and you can do nothing there. They told me you are going to work as a Project Manager, Business Consultant, IT Architect. Because someone left there and I need to cover it up. If you ask how did they find you, I did my internship there and they liked me.

So what do you say, what should I do? I have an obligatory military service in 2 years in Turkey if I don't go to a foreigner country like Germany or Netherlands etc.
>>
Look into it, could definitely be good for your career. You could even manage to look for jobs in Germany after having worked there for a while, as an internal company transfer.
>>
Both sound like great options, well done.
Research will be rather quiet, self-driven, at-your-own pace sort of thing. You'll learn how to ask the right questions and navigate research environment. It will be better if you want to stay in academia.
PM will be stressful, sink-or-swim kinda deal. You'll learn how to make things happen in a profit-driven environment. It will be better if you want to stay in industry.
After either one, your path is not set in stone. In the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.
>>
File: Appreciation3_NC_flickr_550.png (350KB, 549x367px) Image search: [Google]
Appreciation3_NC_flickr_550.png
350KB, 549x367px
>>18554123
>>18554131

I appreciate your valuable feedbacks. The thing is I don't want to spen my life in a small city like there and I probably leave there in maximum 2 years. Do you think it's worth to work there for that much time? I'm also not sure about the internal transfer chances.

I don't want to regret my decision after years...
>>
If you leave you'll be betraying your people and the legacy of Mustafa Kemal.
>>
>>18554306
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.