[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catholic Guilt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0268.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Every time after I jack off,have sex, or don't go to church, I feel as if God punishes me either the next day or the week of.
Unusual events happen and this causes a cycle of me feeling guilty for these actions.
This Is probably bullshit but how do I move past my catholic guilt
>>
Why do you think that God is so obsessed with your dick?
>>
>>18554048
Doesn't that null the whole point of grace and forgiveness if God was a vengeful god who punishes you whenever you sin?

I don't really like the Catholic theology because of that bases of "You must be perfect and CANNOT sin otherwise you will be punished and become unsaved again!"
>>
Hello /x/

some might say what you're doing is dangerous, but only because you believe it is. When you have convinced yourself that releasing is and act of creativity, then use the power for something you want to achieve, rather than fearing the wrath of a demiurge
>>
>>18554048
God isn't real, so there's that. But also - jacking off is nowhere condemned in the Bible, the only reason being misinterpretation of Onan's pulling out, so you ought to be square.

Also, nowhere is there a requirement for gathering once a week at church and comparing each others' clothing.
>>
>>18554048
The essence of paranoia is not "They're out to get me" but seeing connections where there are none.

Good and bad things happen to you every day, and most of them you just accept as meaningless bits of life. But if you feel guilty about something, you will notice all the bad things and blind yourself to all the good things, and decide that the entire universe is focused on punishing you.

To prove that it's all in your head, consider the opposite example. When you are in an especially good mood, then you pick up on all the positive things in life - nice weather, etc - and ignore all the little annoyances.
>>
>>18554048
You still a practising catholic anon?
>>
>>18554527
Yes
>>
It's all a coincidence.
Once you stop worshipping a man in the sky with magical fingers you will not feel that guilt any more.
[spoiler] This is not Satan, i promise [/spoiler]
>>
>>18554048
>former catholic here

By realising good and bad shit happens all the time, and humans are well designed to find patterns even when they arent there.

So say something bad happens you immediately think of the last time you did something shitty and connect it.

Or if you do something bad you hypertune yourself to look for the negative that follows.

And when something shitty happens and you didnt do anything, then you cast it aside and dont recall it when youre taking into account all the things that prove gods punishing you.

All people do this in some form or another. Were naturally very bias and pseudointuitive.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.