[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti social fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: fog.jpg (44KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
fog.jpg
44KB, 640x400px
I've never had a friend my whole life, I'm self critical, and general not very talkative with strangers. But now I've met someone and can't for the life of me make small talk. I over think everything so much and the first time we met was totally ruined by my nerves and not being able to make conversation. How do I talk normally and what can I say when I have nothing to say?
>>
>>18553950

first step is admitting you've had friends before.
>>
>>18553950
Meditation
You need to train your self to slow the thoughts down. That is the first step. I've been in your shoes anon. It was so bad that sometimes I'd be on the verge of a panic attack because I'd speed up my thoughts more.
>>
>>18553952
I actually haven't. The one friend I thought I had was forced to hang out with me by his parents because they thought my parents owned a summer home.
>>
>>18553957

if you can't admit you've ever had a friend than you are too far gone for us to help.

etiher you're lying, deluding your self, and wont see beyond that, or worse you are telling the truth which means that as an adult you are so far behind that you can't do what literally every other human being in the world has managed.

but you've had friends before. you are just washing them out of your mind to suit your tragic narrative.
>>
>>18553950
There is no quick fix, OP.

In the past, I was extremely socially anxious. My voice broke down in 9th grade as I was reciting some poem and whole class laughed at me and later branded me as "that nervous kid" and kind of teased me over this. Entire high school, my hands were always shaky when I was holding a paper from where I had to recite anything, and I was still getting teased.

This started improving when I went to study in college in Denmark (I'm eastern euro) and had to do a group presentation in English. This was very nerve-wrecking, but I managed to do an OK job, and people around me were grown-ups so nobody teased me for being awkward. Progressively, I got better and better with excercise and these days, I have minimal stage fright.

Remember I met with a girl in 10th grade, I was so anxious about it that entire time we were together and hanging out/dating, I couldn't make small talk and was sweating. She was slightly anxious too. In the end, it all kind of worked out OK and we got to make some small talk.

Fast forward to now, when I am 24, I am much less socially awkward and can talk to girls and such with much more ease. I am no social butterfly, but I can make the small talk if necessary.

It all comes with a practice, OP. Keep failing, eventually you get better. Everyone does.
>>
>>18553960
I've been homeschooled for the past seven years. I speak to other teens twice a year at homeschool events. My narrative is far from tragic, I just have a lot of trouble with small talk. I'm not claiming that my life is some kind of sob story, I'm just explaining why I have a hard time with what I'm asking help for. Pull your fedora out of your ass.
>>
>>18553973

>pull your fedora out of your ass

shove one up yours. so you CAN call them friends but you're being edgy and choosing not to.
>>
>>18553976
Half the people at these events have pony tails and fedora's. I'm not being edgy, I just don't refer to people whose names I don't even know as friends.
>>
>>18554001

uh huh.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.