[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loss of a Child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Emotional-Impact.png (55KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
Emotional-Impact.png
55KB, 460x300px
On Sunday my youngest child died.

She was only 3 years old and she suffered what looked like a stroke or seizure resulting in a non-fatal drowning.

My wife pulled her out of the pool and I gave her CPR while my wife ran to call 911.

The paramedics were there in 4 mins but unfortunately it took over 40 mins to get her heart started again.

My wife and I spent 9 days in the hospital watching her slowly get worse and worse, to the point where she could no longer regulate her own heartbeat or blood pressure or even her temperature.

We made the decision to sign her up for donation which meant that we had to withdraw life support so they could regulate how much oxygen loss her organs suffered.

By the time Sunday came around, the scheduled time, she was on 12 different medications just to keep her organs alive, her brain had almost completely died, she had different sized pupils, which were fixed and dilated, her temperature was continually rising and her blood pressure changed so frequently that they had her on epinephrine and beta blockers depending on which way it swung.

Now, we are home, for the first time since the incident and it is such an emotional rollercoaster. I am fine one second and crying the next and mad the next. I feel some comfort being home, being in the places she was, and laying next to where she slept, but it is also torture because I see her everywhere.

I feel guilty and confused, and the next I feel nothing. Just pure numbness. Sometimes looking at pictures of her brings me peace and other times it makes me feel like vomiting.

I have no idea what I am supposed to do from one second to the next. The world around me just seems to carry on like nothing has changed and even those effected by it seem to just carry on but I don't know how I'm supposed to do that.
>>
> get off 4chan and go comfort your wife
>>
>>18553703
She's sleeping.
>>
>>18553696
I'm sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through such a terrible situation. The road to healing will be a long one. But if you stick to it. One day it won't hurt this much. Don't ever bottle it up. Let it out. Do some charity. Talk to your wife. Talk to family members. Talk to a therapist. You have alot of pain inside. You need to let that pain out. Good luck anon.
>>
Time is the only answer. Maybe look into grief counseling for you and your wife.
>>
>>18553696
Try to be strong for your other kids. I wish I had better advice for you.
>>
>>18553707
Well when she gets up comfort her it will help the both of you out even if in a small way smother each other in love that is all you can do
>>
>>18553719
Right now, we're on opposite schedules.

She's most upset in the morning and I'm most upset at night.

We've been helping each other but she has more coping mechanisms and support around than I do.

I've never been good with talking to people and it just feels right now that the people who are here for us are just trying to take something away.

I know they're not but when I see the facebook profile pictures with my child in them I hate them because that is MY child, not theirs, and how dare they take that away from me. This is MY loss.
>>
>>18553696
>My wife and I spent 9 days in the hospital watching her slowly get worse and worse, to the point where she could no longer regulate her own heartbeat or blood pressure or even her temperature.
>By the time Sunday came around, the scheduled time, she was on 12 different medications just to keep her organs alive, her brain had almost completely died, she had different sized pupils, which were fixed and dilated, her temperature was continually rising and her blood pressure changed so frequently that they had her on epinephrine and beta blockers depending on which way it swung.
thats a terrible way for a child to go. i hate to say this but it was selfish of you to bring her back only to force that suffering on her and have her leave again. but it is what it is, she had her stroke/seizure and it happened when she was somewhere risky. you have other kids to do things right by. don't let your mistake drag down how you raise them
>>
>>18553732
Your angry and redirecting that to Facebook comments. Maybe stay off Facebook for awhile. You need to realize your a powder keg of emotions. It's even worse that you don't have a good support structure. See a therapist. And pick up boxing or something. If you don't some serious shit can go down that will make things worse.
>>
sue the hospital for killing your child and wasting so much medication just so they can put more money on your bill

those fuckers need to pay for not saving your child, higher a good jewish lawyer and take all their money since they took someone close to you away just for a quick buck
>>
>>18553742
She felt no pain. She had such terrible global brain damage from the initial incident that there was nothing left of cognition and even her brain stem was damaged.

The doctors initially thought that she would suffer brain death the first two days but the brain swelling never reached that point.

She was comatose for the entire hospital stay.
>>
>>18553759
oh well thats good to know... i guess. i agree with the other anon about a therapist. dont let a bad situation get worse. remember the good times. pack up all her possessions and store them somewhere safe so you can go through them and remember your good times with her when youre of a more sound mind. but right now it really sounds like your near crisis mode. hell you can even call the suicide hotline and just vent if you really need to
>>
>>18553732
You need to cool that shit before anger turns to violence , Facebook is natoruous for making bad stitations worse you need to relax and take deep breaths , long showers also help just to take your mind. Off things
> yes my advice is shit but hey why not give it a shot
>>
Grief counseling, OP. A childhood friend died 2 years ago, and it helped a lot.

>>18553756
Have you ever considered not being a terrible person
>>
>>18553696
>>18553696
hey bud. i'm sorry about what happened to you but ultimately no amount of sorry can take that away. the world does carry on. the people carry on, too. they might hurt, obviously not in the same capacity as you, but they definitely might. they could just be putting up a face which a lot of people do to get through stuff in general.

i will say this although it might not be the happiest thing to say... she wasn't old enough to understand the world like you and i. she might have been robbed of her life and what she could have had but she will never have to know or understand what death is.

i'm sure you're a good person and a good father. you took a step i'd never take (I plan on getting snipped so I can't ever have kids) and i salute you for it. you'll always carry all of this with you but maybe it might help you appreciate what you already have and the life you've already lived. keep on living and look forward, but don't forget.

love ya
>>
>>18553696
Comfort her anon. When she wakes up of course.

Don't let this tear you apart anon, that would be the worst. Easier said than done though.
>>
Time to start making another one
>>
>>18553696
It's a sign. Don't have another kid; get a puppy.

For now, find a therapist that will meet you daily for a while. There's no shame in crying or screaming. Life's a fucking bitch.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.