[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /adv/, My parents divorced when I was a very young. I went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ohhai.jpg (21KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
ohhai.jpg
21KB, 460x276px
Dear /adv/,

My parents divorced when I was a very young. I went to live with relatives. My dad remarried and moved away, my mom was found murdered in her home a few years later.

My family (aunts, uncles, grandparents) refuse to talk about my parents divorce, their marriage of 15+ years, or my mom's death.

Additionally, I've got scars and injuries on my body that are unexplained. I'm pretty sure they are from an accident (or maybe abuse?) that happened when I was a small child, but I honestly can't remember.

I'd like to get court records on my parents - their divorce, any domestic violence arrests, custody battle stuff, my mom's death, etc. I think it would answer a lot of questions.

But like I said, my family won't talk about it. I'm not even sure what year the divorce was finalized. Any tips on where to start in my search, especially with very little information?

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
Have you tried contacting your dad?

No idea how to go about getting court records. You'll have to figure out which county they got divorced in and maybe call the court to see how you can access old records.
>>
>>18553523
Same thing with the police reports. If your mom was murdered, there should be a police report. Call the police station to see how you can access old records. Though, police records are not as open to the public as court documents.

Your family is a bunch of dick heads for not telling you more.
>>
>>18553523
Just walk away anon. There's nothing in the past that will help with your future.
>>
>>18553523
You can also go to the library and get the old newspapers on microfilm and scan through them like they do in the movies. Would really help to know what year and month though
>>
I gave all the advice above, but with that said, it does sound like your parents were sort of deadbeats and may have abused you. There's a reason you went to live with your family instead of your mom after your parents split. You may not like what you find out, man.
>>
>>18553650

My father refuses to talk to me. He is a stubborn old son of a bitch, that might never change.

>>18553671

I thought about this. For most of my life, all through my twenties, I figured I was probably better off not knowing, especially the details of my mothers' death.

Now, I feel like I have enough emotional distance from it. It is more about filling in blanks in my own story, figuring out how I ended up going from point a to point b.

My wife and kids ask me a lot what happened to my parents, where my scars came from. I don't have an answer for them. If I don't go looking, one of them will, someday. I'd rather have the information so that when they are older, I can have some answer for them.
>>
>>18553653
>>18553661

Thanks, anons.

Any idea how a court office might react to some rando walking in, saying he is looking for info on his parents?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.